RC Enthusiast

Brand New Traxxas Slash 4x4 Ultimate Tire Wobbling

Guys,

Can you help me fix the tire wobbling of my traxxas ultimate Slash 4x4 truck ? It's kind of irritating when it hasn't been driven that much :/ It's all stock!

I uploaded the vid on youtube. See here
    Last edited by Le0Heart; 07-13-2010 at 04:48 PM.
    Slash 4x4 Ultimate, Slash 2WD, SCX10 Defender 90

RC Racer
    bent stub, take a look at your stub axle.

RC Qualifier
    It could be that your stub is bent as stated above, but you can also try massaging your tires and see if that helps. What I mean by that is just take your tire in your hand, and work it around in your hands to get the foam to sit a little better. Mine does it too, and it doesnt have a bent axle, so it can be just because its 4wd as stated on your youtube video.
    Slayer, Slash 4x4 (MMM/2650kv), & a Summit

RC Qualifier
    It looks to me that it is in the tires and or rims. I cannot tell by this video as I cannot see the rim. Swap wheels to the other side and see if it changes sides. That will tell you weather it is the wheels or not. Looks to me thought it is probably in those not the axle stub.
    Slash 4x4 ultimate MMM 2650

RC Racer
    I've had the wheels not sit over the hex's well.I just pulled the tire off put it back on and it was fine.

RC Racer
    and yes you can balance R/C tires if you look on youtube there are a bunch of videos on how to do it!! if the above anwsers don't work or are not the problem i'd check into that!!
    My nails R getting clean Time to go work on my RC

RC Qualifier
    I last night after posting here took my truck out and noticed I had a wheel wobbling just like that does. I took it off and put it on my balancer to check if the wheel was true or not and it seemed much better in the balancer. It turned out the the wheel hex nut was the issue. I put a new on on it and all was as straight as could be. I think till I get some new cvd's I will just get some aluminum one to help keep things in line. Check your hexes they may be out of round a bit. Ity does not take much to make these wheels wobble.
    Slash 4x4 ultimate MMM 2650

RC Competitor
    hey if none of those works, check the bearings. I had some serious wobble in my rear wheel that I couldn't figure out. Finally starting pulling it apart and the inner wheel bearing was fried to a crispy crisp.

RC Enthusiast

Another detailed video

Quote Originally Posted by Le0Heart
    Guys,

Can you help me fix the tire wobbling of my traxxas ultimate Slash 4x4 truck ? It's kind of irritating when it hasn't been driven that much :/ It's all stock!

I uploaded the vid on youtube. See here

I removed the tires & made a new video showing axels & hex nuts giving a wobble affect. What do you think is bent ? What can i do to fix this ?

RC Enthusiast
    how to remove the hex nut ?

RC Champion
    Just get a flathead and pry it off... but be careful not to lose the pin inside
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Qualifier
    upgrading to the aluminum hexes is a must