RC Qualifier

Question 6s Mamba Monster Summit???

I have seen lots of people with the 2650kv/MMM combo on their summit with 4s and it seems to work great.

I know what I'm about to say kind of kills the point of the summit, but if I got a MMM/2200kv, 6s lipo, and some Talons, would the summit be capable of the same speeds as an ERBE doing speed runs on the street? The reason for me asking is that my friend is purchasing an ERBE, and I want to be able to keep up. I really like the extra features of the summit, though.

So I guess what I'm asking is what would I need besides MMM 6s/Talons to go as fast as an ERBE, about how much will it cost, and will the 2 speed or locking diffs break often?

Is the hi-speed gear on the summit the same gear ratio as the ERBE's 1 speed transmission?

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    If you want to go fast drop the talons and use something more capable at speed but with P2 rockers for a stiffer suspension setup with a MMM combo and tires you can keep up with the ERBE. Of course you can always play keep away and go places the ERBE can't to make up for it .

RC Qualifier
    Yes on the high gear being the same.

As far as what you will need:

The MMM system, batteries, tires different spurs and pinions to adjust speeds and motor loads..

I worry about if the diffs will remain viable on that much power, i.e. the locking diffs....I WILL tell you if you engage them under power that will = POOF.

I just don't know. I think being that the tranny is two speed it makes it a tad weaker too...

batteries, the price is broad. 200.00+ for decent packs.
    MMM=250.00 plus
    tires? 50.00
    various spurs and pinions for the MMM, allow 25.00 bucks or so...
    Three Summits

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by VGP12
    I have seen lots of people with the 2650kv/MMM combo on their summit with 4s and it seems to work great.

I know what I'm about to say kind of kills the point of the summit, but if I got a MMM/2200kv, 6s lipo, and some Talons, would the summit be capable of the same speeds as an ERBE doing speed runs on the street? The reason for me asking is that my friend is purchasing an ERBE, and I want to be able to keep up. I really like the extra features of the summit, though.

So I guess what I'm asking is what would I need besides MMM 6s/Talons to go as fast as an ERBE, about how much will it cost, and will the 2 speed or locking diffs break often?

Is the hi-speed gear on the summit the same gear ratio as the ERBE's 1 speed transmission?

Thanks!
    yes use the above mentioned parts and it will work. I left in the stock rockers and just used stiffer springs with the threaded rings all the way out and got to 50 mph without trying too hard. that extra 15mph will be done by switching the gearing. here is my link.
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=505190
    6s MMM c_no_summit & c_no_evo_8
    50mph to 150 mph!

RC Champion
    The only thing i haven't seen posted here is that you should go with the tekin over the MMM. Senored will allow you to crawl and control that 6s power.

My sensorless MMM in my e-revo won't let me crawl at all. It actually kinda surges over and over and over. Wood piles that I can't crawl just turn into ramps. I give it a lot of gas and the truck will jump whatever you are trying to crawl.

And if you go the tekin route, you and your buddy will have more to argue/compete about

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by milkman

I worry about if the diffs will remain viable on that much power, i.e. the locking diffs....I WILL tell you if you engage them under power that will = POOF.

LOL. That one would be fun to watch .

So the conclusion is a Summit+ride height lowering+lets say Pro line Road Rage tires+6s+Tekin/MMM+ 24/54 gearing= 65mph?

RC Competitor
    So the conclusion is a Summit+ride height lowering+lets say Pro line Road Rage tires+6s+Tekin/MMM+ 24/54 gearing= 65mph?
    IMHO.............................................. ............................................YES!!
    6s MMM c_no_summit & c_no_evo_8
    50mph to 150 mph!

RC Qualifier
    Sick. Thanks for the help, guys. I'll be ordering a white Summit from Tower sometime soon!

Sick. Thanks for the help, guys. I'll be ordering a white Summit from Tower sometime soon!
    The white ones are faster from the factory anyways
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    it its still not fast enough, i suggest u build a "pulse jet" for it and watch it go into orbit!
    erevo, ubuntu.com

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by anr2442
    My sensorless MMM in my e-revo won't let me crawl at all. It actually kinda surges over and over and over. Wood piles that I can't crawl just turn into ramps. I give it a lot of gas and the truck will jump whatever you are trying to crawl.

And if you go the tekin route, you and your buddy will have more to argue/compete about
    That's likely because you're using something other than v1.20 firmware on your MMM.
    Put 1.20 on it and the surging should go away.

But yes, the Tekin ESC is another great option as well.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann
    The white ones are faster from the factory anyways

Yup! Plus dirt and mud will show up better on white!

Quote Originally Posted by stinger30
    it its still not fast enough, i suggest u build a "pulse jet" for it and watch it go into orbit!
    I was thinking more along the lines of some GPS guided JDAM rockets for the first stage, a pulse jet for the second stage, and then some afterburner accelerated jet turbines for atmospheric re-entry. Then some warheads so it can blow up something when it lands.