Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

stampede 2wd thinking of buying

ok so i talked to a friend who has been out of the hobby and he has a 2wd stampede with a proline f150 body and with proline trenchers all the way around its a vxl and he has a lipo charger (i think its a traxxas) and a traxxas 3s battery and a traxxas 2s battery he is selling for 50 dollars!!!!! and i am very tempted to buy it but i think i talked him down to 25 dollars because i said i am taking a risk with lipos and all the things for sitting so long so is it worth it and should i snap it up instantly or what?
    Don't force it out. GET A BIGGER HAMMER!!

RC Competitor
    Dang, that's definitely low price. Is there anything wrong with it?

RC Qualifier
    the slipper clutch shaft pin is broken but ive got a spare other than that nope

Hmm Got with it I fix up rc's I get from creiglist for cheap.
    Monster Energy & F-150 Raptor, Teton, Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    hes selling me everything for 50 bucks or so

Quote Originally Posted by Empty wallet View Post
    hes selling me everything for 50 bucks or so
    At least you'll have something to drive while your other two builds are progressing.
    If not I'll take it, who wouldn't.
    T-Maxx, SportMaxx, Slayer Pro,
    Stampede, Rustler

RC Qualifier
    if only i can convince my dad but i dont see why not its my own money

if only i can convince my dad but i dont see why not its my own money
    Dad's are like wives, they have to think it's a great deal (like new shoes), so tell him you were thinking of a new one then throw that price at him.
    Stampede, Rustler

RC Qualifier
    ive tried it doesnt work he says i spend to much money anyways but there is still hope, my mom lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    OK, if you DONT buy this... or if your dad doesnt let you... you need to go straight to the doctor and get your heads examined. The VXL ESC alone is worth about $75 or so. even if the lipos are totally ruined the truck is worth $200 all day long. If you don't take it, send me your buddies contact info. Ill pay him $50 plus shipping and a tip for it.

TAKE IT NOW BEFORE HE CHANGES HIS MIND

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    TAKE IT NOW BEFORE HE CHANGES HIS MIND
    TOO late I got first dibs
    Stampede, Rustler

RC Qualifier
    well hes not on traxxas but i most likely will buy it because hes said he wants to sell it to me

RC Champion
    Show your dad current ebay listings for used VXL P2des. The truck with charger is worth at least $150-$200, the batteries are gravy if they work. It's a sweet deal, I'm sure the old man will come around. Maybe offer to share it with him!?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that is an awesome deal

RC poster
    Hope you bought it dude!
    I'm extremely happy with mine

I will buy it at at that price, its so low, you just want to buy it reagrdless wheter you will use it later or not. At one point its going to be in use.
    A roller will cost a bit more then what you are getting an RTR. (ready to run), may be a littel rep and rep, but defintely a great bagain, the 2wd pede is a nice truck, more challenging to drive then a 4x4 but lots of fun ; jumps well, all rounder basher, light and runs very fats with the right set up, on track you will be surprised what you can do, though it is high fro a track vehicle.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    all my dad says is no no no and no hes says yes only after school lets out but my friend might not be selling it any more

all my dad says is no no no and no hes says yes only after school lets out but my friend might not be selling it any more
    It is a valid reason, if it is not yours now , in due time you will get one that you will really enjoy, whether it is a stampede or a totally different hobby grade r.; I like the traxxas vehicles and so do my kids, as I tell them plenty of time too, do well in shool and we will see what they have asked for at the end of the semester or the year. Generally they do very well.

Wish you luck with you rrequest, even though you may by it from your money, there are reasons sometimes to guard that with caution.

All in mind that is a great deal for the price offered.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    just buy it..... what will he do about it?

Buy it, then sell it for a $150 profit and show him how astute a businessman you are. He'll be impressed. Thats tripling your money...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    hes my dad what do u think he would do

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Buy it, then sell it for a $150 profit and show him how astute a businessman you are. He'll be impressed. Thats tripling your money...
    sounds good but he probaly still woudnt let me by it

RC Qualifier
    i just thought of something awesome my nimhs are going bad and ill tell my dad that they are cause they are and that for 50 dollars i can by a whole car and 2 lipos and a charger.. hehe i think i figured it out!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    buy it and don't tell him

look, as a parent, I would be proud of my kid for having their own $. there is no reason he shouldn't let you get it. just tell him, I have a deal on one for X, and they are x new......

RC Qualifier
    hes just so harsh and i am not the child to disobey and i respect him and he just wants me to save for more important things and i say this is important to me but he just doesnt listen

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    some parents suck... don't worry, one day you will be 18....

when I was younger, I thought my parents sucked.... it wasn't until years later that I realized I sucked

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    Let's think about this. Your dad is more important than any RC truck.

But, oh man, that is one super sweet deal!
    Obstacle Magnet

buy it and don't tell him
    some parents suck... don't worry, one day you will be 18....

when I was younger, I thought my parents sucked.... it wasn't until years later that I realized I sucked
    Not tryin to be a stickler or offend you, But maybe you should of thought about your words before typing?

This is some of the worst advice I have seen givin to a younger member on here. I think in the end the father has the say-so seeing as the OP's a minor, and living under his roof I would assume.

Going behind his fathers back to "buy" something just shows disrespect IMO. Even if it is his "own" money, If Dad wanted him to have it, he would have said buy it.

Talking and trying to convince his father about it is one thing, but just plain telling the kid to ignore his words is not right.
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dave00bear View Post
    Not tryin to be a stickler or offend you, But maybe you should of thought about your words before typing?

This is some of the worst advice I have seen givin to a younger member on here. I think in the end the father has the say-so seeing as the OP's a minor, and living under his roof I would assume.

Going behind his fathers back to "buy" something just shows disrespect IMO. Even if it is his "own" money, If Dad wanted him to have it, he would have said buy it.

Talking and trying to convince his father about it is one thing, but just plain telling the kid to ignore his words is not right.
    yes i know that is that is what i am saying i am not the one to go behind fathers back and do something like that and i never would and he has a point in a way because come summer time i will have some more money to buy and upgrade the car a little more so then when we go on vacation it will be top notch but still going to try the battery thing

RC Champion
    Good luck, Empty. Hopefully your father recognizes your decision to live within his boundaries and rewards you by approving your request. A $50 P2de is a great deal!

The lipo charger is worth $50ish on its own. If the packs are even in decent shape, just the batteries and charger are worth more than the $50. the truck would essentially be free. I FULLY agree with dave00bear though. Don't go against your parents wishes... thats wrong and will only end with more trouble than its worth.

This could be a good opportunity to tell your buddy that your dad wont let you spend $50, but maybe you can talk him into letting your buy "batteries and a charger" For $35... and your buddy will just throw in the truck as a bonus. even BETTER deal.

Its hard to obey your parents when they are acting "blind" to logic. But, like kids, parents aren't perfect. Generally speaking, they do the best they can and do what they think is right. Build on the respect you clearly already have with you dad... it will be worth so much more in the future.

RC Qualifier
    funny enough i am homeschooled and my dad is my teacher and we have a subjest and geuss what subject that is LOGIC lol but i am sure my friend will cut me a deal

Maybe you could just do a deal with your buddy where you pay him over time or something. Maybe your dad would approve if it wasn't paid all at once? Tell you what, you buy the whole package for $50, ill give you $50 for the truck and you keep the batteries and charger for free. Lol.

Simple syllogism.

Premise 1: If I buy this RC car, I can make money reselling it.
    Premise 2: Making money is a good thing.
    Conclusion: Therefore buying this RC car is a good thing.

The first premise is the one that must be defended with evidence for which this thread should suffice.
    Obstacle Magnet

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jvogel View Post
    Simple syllogism.

Premise 1: If I buy this RC car, I can make money reselling it.
    Premise 2: Making money is a good thing.
    Conclusion: Therefore buying this RC car is a good thing.
    The first premise is the one that must be defended with evidence for which this thread should suffice.
    haha lol that is excactly what we are learning except that is for babies i have far passed that and im only in 8th grade
    and i really dont want to resell it so havent been able to try the batterie thing yet my dad works nights will try in the morning

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I meant every word I said. I did not type anything I didn't mean.

you get new kids on here, and they are all gung ho about how they have the meanest parents in the world because they wont let them buy a toy car, but their whole world is toy cars... blah blah... and they just whine and whine... guess what? it is a toy car, and life does go on.

you have 2 options, get it, or don't. why does there need to be a thread about it? yes, $50 is a good deal for a rtr truck with batteries, a new one is easily $250

reminds me of that thread where the kid lost his truck in a frozen lake, and months later found it and it still worked.... the veterans here will remember that thread, it was full of a bunch of bs and whining, and all manner of things unsafe that this kid supposedly did. in the end, it turned out he just wanted attention, I doubt he even owned an rc......

this is not the first time a kid has whined about it, and won't be the last.

maybe this father should have been approached long before posting that he is moody and probably going to say no on the internet.....

RC Qualifier
    I meant every word I said. I did not type anything I didn't mean.

you get new kids on here, and they are all gung ho about how they have the meanest parents in the world because they wont let them buy a toy car, but their whole world is toy cars... blah blah... and they just whine and whine... guess what? it is a toy car, and life does go on.

you have 2 options, get it, or don't. why does there need to be a thread about it? yes, $50 is a good deal for a rtr truck with batteries, a new one is easily $250

reminds me of that thread where the kid lost his truck in a frozen lake, and months later found it and it still worked.... the veterans here will remember that thread, it was full of a bunch of bs and whining, and all manner of things unsafe that this kid supposedly did. in the end, it turned out he just wanted attention, I doubt he even owned an rc......

this is not the first time a kid has whined about it, and won't be the last.

maybe this father should have been approached long before posting that he is moody and probably going to say no on the internet.....
    im a 14 year God fearing man i have not whined on this thread and i do not appretiant your "opinion" if ur going to be on here and say things like that then get off nobody wants to here you whine about others whineing so id appreiciat if u suck it up and stop i have respect for my father probaly unlike u do so take your whining somewhere else i will soon by it during the summer i know what i am talking about so i do have cars and expreince in fact ill post pics of MY CARS just to show that i know how and that i can work for my own things and take care of them

see i do all of my own work and use all of my own money everyone these days like u think that us teenagers cant do anything so back off and stop YOUR WHINING and have a good day and God bless

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    sounds pretty much like whinning to me.....

it's ok dude, don't get all sad. my 9 year old does it too

when I was your age, I knew everything also
    Last edited by jimbo74; 01-28-2015 at 05:23 PM.

RC Qualifier
    all said id that he says no every child says that its not like im whining like u are so no hard feelings just and if u cant get over it cause im already over it then to bad for u and what is the name of that thread where the kid drove his car into a lake

Hey Empty wallet, buddy, could you please start using capitalization, punctuation and correct spelling please? My old brain needs all the help it can get.
    Obstacle Magnet