RC Racer

my receiver got wet

ok so after having a few too many this weekend, I decided to show some of my buddies how cool the merv is and I drove it in the pool to show how "waterproof" it was at the time. well long story short, receiver box wasn't tightened enough and some water got in. I immediately took out the receiver and threw it in a bowl of rice to dry out. since then I've noticed some finicky throttle play and occasionally some servo lock out to one side. its been slowly improving but I'm wondering if I should scrap it for a new one. its the 27mh not the 2.4, what do ya'll think?
    Never felt more accomplished when I break somethin

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorJato
    ok so after having a few too many this weekend, I decided to show some of my buddies how cool the merv is and I drove it in the pool to show how "waterproof" it was at the time. well long story short, receiver box wasn't tightened enough and some water got in. I immediately took out the receiver and threw it in a bowl of rice to dry out. since then I've noticed some finicky throttle play and occasionally some servo lock out to one side. its been slowly improving but I'm wondering if I should scrap it for a new one. its the 27mh not the 2.4, what do ya'll think?

Good excuse to upgrade to 2.4

RC Qualifier
    If you do upgrade and you want cheap, go for the tower hobbies 2.4ghz radio, it's like $60 if memory serves me right. Theres also the sightly more expencive option of the $99 spektrum system. You'll love being glitch free at any range.
    Dye-no-mite Pow-er Go Fast, Wirrrrr Screeeech BOOM

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i got a traxxas 2.4ghz link system with a 3 ch tx and a 5 ch rx for $58.xx shipped off ebay