RC Enthusiast

4X4 issues need help

Im new to the 4x4 i have 3 2wd slashes and just got a roller. I took it all apart to clean as it was extremely dirty and had spun a spur gear. Needless to say i got it cheap w/o a motor and esc. When I put it back together w/o motor installed yet I rolled it on my work bench. It rolled well then all of a sudden it just stopped it was like all the wheels locked up. And will not move past this point. I rolled it backwards and it rolls great then it hits a certain point and stops again. I have checked the driveline and no bindding. so now Im lost any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Im new to the 4x4 but no rc and Im totally lost........
    This isnt a hobby its and addiction!!

RC Champion
    Check the for tiny rocks wedged in tight spaces, such as around the driveshaft.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubd187
    Im new to the 4x4 i have 3 2wd slashes and just got a roller. I took it all apart to clean as it was extremely dirty and had spun a spur gear. Needless to say i got it cheap w/o a motor and esc. When I put it back together w/o motor installed yet I rolled it on my work bench. It rolled well then all of a sudden it just stopped it was like all the wheels locked up. And will not move past this point. I rolled it backwards and it rolls great then it hits a certain point and stops again. I have checked the driveline and no bindding. so now Im lost any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Im new to the 4x4 but no rc and Im totally lost........
    Don't be lost.

You can remove the front or rear end with 4 screws per end. Remove one end or both, roll individually. You just need to isolate your problem.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusthepirate
    Don't be lost.

You can remove the front or rear end with 4 screws per end. Remove one end or both, roll individually. You just need to isolate your problem.
    Process of elimination – check the front & back end, center drive shaft, differential/slipper assembly, spur & pinion mesh…
    Censorship is wrong

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigV
    Process of elimination – check the front & back end, center drive shaft, differential/slipper assembly, spur & pinion mesh…
    And here I was thinking "process of elimination" was sticking a 6s MMM setup in there and allowing that to "eliminate" whatever was binding by way of the trigger! vroom vroom snap!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusthepirate
    And here I was thinking "process of elimination" was sticking a 6s MMM setup in there and allowing that to "eliminate" whatever was binding by way of the trigger! vroom vroom snap!
    Well, that works too....
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Enthusiast
    When i bought the roller I had to put the new slipper and gear in truck and the rear diff was open with nothing in it. I washed it in the dish washer to clean it up could that be my problem?
    This isnt a hobby its and addiction!!