RC poster

2.5r engine won't start!!

I have an older Revo (the original one) with the 2.5r engine. The engine runs great once it starts, and I don't think it has ever stalled. The problem is getting it to start. I have put in a new glow plug, I have fresh fuel, no cuts in the fuel lines, both lights light up on the EZ start, the engine turns over fine, and I prime the engine just until I see the fuel touch the crankcase, and at that point, I take my finger off of the exaust nozzle. The way I see it, there should really be no reason that it shouldn't start....I have fuel, ignition and air...Can anyone think of what it could be, or what I could do to get it to start better??

Have you tried using a glow igniter and bypass the blue wire to make sure you don't have a problem with the EZ start system. Just take the blue wire off and use a glow igniter with the EZ start wand.

Also check to see if your glowplug is getting wet when you have tried to start it, if not there may be an obstruction in the carb body.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    I spent What??

RC poster
    I'm pretty sure the glow plug is wet, but i'll have another look. I just thought of 1 other thing...maybe i'll take the plug out when it is still attached to the wire, and give it a shot with the EZ start to see if it glows. Thanks for the advice, i'll give it a shot.

You have fuel, glow (if you have ignition then it would start with no issues), air, you need compression.
    If you have all four then you're good to go. If the glow is wet then the engine is getting flooded. Try leaning the engine out a little.