RC Qualifier

Slash aftermarket tires.

2 Questions here. I want to know from experience only, no i think i know this question or post just to post.

1. I was wondering does anyone know of a good tire for the slash that is a good all around tire for tracks. Im going to be leaving soon to south carolina and i want to invest in a tire that will work at my track and other tracks.

2. AKA has a short course tire now. anybody try these and how good are they?
    Any information is greatly appreciated. I have no experience in tires so need advice from experienced people and thanks in advance.

And please no rude or unnecessary post.
    Buying Monster Trucks Madness Right Now

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hmm..it all depends on the tracks..there isnt one tire thats good on this track and that track as they are difference most likely..IMO call the tracks you go to, and see if you could see the tire that they mostly recommend for the track....if you dont want to..
    I heard akas enduros and pros calibers are ok all arounders. Although i still thinking calling is the safest bet.
    EMBE/ Savage X
    x2 BL slash
    Ultra lx1e

RC Qualifier
    The track conditions really matter. Personaly I have about 8 sets of tires.. not because Im that good at racing, but because i have a weird tire collection problem ;P So ive tried almost everything in the SC series.

Personaly these are my thoughts

HPI Trepador - Great all around tire. Handles most tracks fine and can be used on roads/grass for bashing.

Proline Switch - Again, great all around bashing tire, but the HPI's I find are slightly better in loose soil conditions such as very dusty/dry tracks

Losi Strike - Beleive it or not these things hook up really well in almost all conditions.. not great for roads though, and more of a lesser apreciated tire

AKA Enduro - Great for most tracks, They work well on hard packed tracks, but wear out quick. wouldnt take them on pavement

Proline Calibers / Bowties - Same as the enduro's really

Jconcept's Goosebumps - Found these not very good for hard packed clay, but worked really well on medium loose dirt. Were ok on dusty/dry tracks, but prefered my HPI's

Proline Trenchers - Great all around bashing tire. Long life, sticks well to almost everything and doesnt glog up in the mud. Wouldnt use it for racing though since the treads are so bulky/deep

AKA Wishbone - Found these worked really well on our clay track, did alright on looser tracks, and didnt try them on road because i didnt want to wear them out.

Kyosho - Actualy really liked these tires as an all purpos tire. They Hooked up on almost everything well. I would use them over the trenchers, unless i was going into muddy areas. They got a little slippery on wet grass though.

HPI ATTK - friggan awesome on loose dirt tracks. Pretty much traction roll my slash every turn with these on. They also perform quite well on harder tracks, and i like them better then the prolines/aka's

AE's SC Tires - Not a bad tire for most tracks, they seemed to lack a bit of grip on dry/dusty tracks was about the only real fault i could find with them. I use them for days Im just testing batts and stuff

ONFA SCRT 10 - Didnt try them as I have the AE SC tires. They feel liek they woudl be slightly better though as they dont feel as soft as my AEs

Foams - Havent tried them and dont plan to as i have adapters and a set of road rage 30's for pavement

Stock (Original) You know, I actualy like these tires for just bashing around and non-competitive running. They are simple and hook up on almost everything decently well (though there is better options, they arnt bad)

Stock - BF - Again, more of a jack of all trades but a master of none type of tire

Thats my non 17mm adapter tire review.. again, not set in stone, its just my findings from owning each pair and trying them out..

RC Qualifier
    arvint and telnets both of you are fantastic. I called the hobby shop in easley south carolina 9am and they said the stock traxxas slash tires are one of the best on there track. I never heard of people racing with stock tires so if this is true i never knew how good these tires were!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Wow! no way! never heard of the stockers being best before o.o
    EMBE/ Savage X
    x2 BL slash
    Ultra lx1e

RC Qualifier
    He also said at first the t1 and then i said the traxxas stock tires, becuase i thought he meant S1 but he said yes the stock tires. So well see.

RC Champion
    Actually, on some tracks, I have heard that the S1 compound stock tires are the best. Again, it's all going to be track specific but the stock ones aren't too bad.

RC Champion
    Original tread S1 compound are FANTASTIC all around... The weak point is the standard foams... you need to glue your own set using descent foams.. I like the proline closed cell V3 foams, the AKA foams are good too, but can run a bit on the firm side IMHO.
    Slash 2wd w/ Novak
    Rusty w/ Castle

RC Champion
    a set of PL Calibers or switchs
    Rustler VXL | Slash | Stampede 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Ok guys will do and much appreciated with all these tips and will be using all of your ideas and go from there thanks again!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasbrothers
    a set of PL Calibers or switchs
    I have switches (2.2/3.0) front & calibers rear, both M2 compound. My track used to get watered every now & then. But they have since stopped the watering cause its starting to groove up. So its now a dusty hardpacked track. I find the calibers just hook up so well & ask for more. the truck can still get quite squiggly but thats cause its overpowered. I do agree with Telnets, i would never run these on pavement/tarmac or just bashing in general. These things would wear down too quick theyre more of a race only tyre.

RC Qualifier
    DO NOT USE CALIBERS ON WET TRACKS! they will cake up like no other!
    2nd place is 1st loser......

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RCNEWB5150
    DO NOT USE CALIBERS ON WET TRACKS! they will cake up like no other!
    Nah mate not for me they performed very well on a semi wet track....

RC Champion
    I heard similar story about calibers packing up during semi wet track in other neighboring forum..but I'm not too sure about that, since I haven't tried them. But I decided to go with AKA SS Enduro, still waiting for them to show up in the mail though Once I received them I'll do a thorough test.

However for non competitive "fun" running, I like tires on the loose side of the scale, it's really fun seeing the my Slash's rear 'bootay' wiggling about like Shakira in her music vids ..

Traxxas original and BFG tires in normal 'RTR' compound, or Slayer switches are my favs..Trenchers are also on my wishlist. What I like about these tires is, they make up for the lost in performance for a NICE scale appearance! I mean, race tires aren't meant to look good...the ugliest imo are the Goosebumps..with a texture of an ovenbaked turkey.
    Myth busted: Blitz is not faster on the track.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Out of Sight
    I heard similar story about calibers packing up during semi wet track in other neighboring forum..but I'm not too sure about that, since I haven't tried them. But I decided to go with AKA SS Enduro, still waiting for them to show up in the mail though Once I received them I'll do a thorough test.

However for non competitive "fun" running, I like tires on the loose side of the scale, it's really fun seeing the my Slash's rear 'bootay' wiggling about like Shakira in her music vids ..

Traxxas original and BFG tires in normal 'RTR' compound, or Slayer switches are my favs..Trenchers are also on my wishlist. What I like about these tires is, they make up for the lost in performance for a NICE scale appearance! I mean, race tires aren't meant to look good...the ugliest imo are the Goosebumps..with a texture of an ovenbaked turkey.
    Definately let us know how those turn out. I definately want to hear your review of them. And also the humor in your post is great.

RC Racer
    which one would be best for mostly road use or what other tire would be good for roads?

RC Qualifier
    Any updates on the tires out of sight?

RC Champion
    Not yet sorry..there was a hold up at the shipping dispatch..because, the store manager had miscalculated the stock numbers of the Enduro (apparently these had been selling like hot cakes) So he asked me to wait for a week for him to bring in a new stock, and send them to me right away. Darn it! Hopefully I will get a hold of them next week.
    Myth busted: Blitz is not faster on the track.

RC Racer
    Hej there, I found a pair of brand new Team Losi Step Pin's in my dark "maybe one day" corner. Hooked'em up last night and actually tried it today. Man: awesome grip. I was on a dusty and rocky track this lunch time and the hold, the grip, the no-more-sway attitude of the Slash gave me a good feeling about them. The stocks keep the Slash belly-dancing all over the place Due to the grip, the Slash is even faster than the others with stock. One down turn for me was that the turn-radius is quite longer than the stock tires, keep in mind.
    So... just wanted to share it.
    The Most Bashable/Washable Truck of the Year

RC Champion
    I'd say bowties, but you are right, the stock tires are pretty good, in my opinion you should leave them on the front and just buy new rears
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p