Thread: new esc

RC Competitor

new esc

so...my super awesome wife has just informed me that for dads day she wants to buy me something for my slash...woohoo....i am looking into an esc.. the mamba max pro would be a good one to buy with stock vxl motor right?...i wanna jump into lipo and dont wanna deal with any of the issues i have heard about.

RC Racer
    mmm pro is great. stick with 2s lipos until you ready to upgrade the motor. some guys have great luck with the stock vxl on 3s and others don't. mine melted down after my first 20min main.

RC Competitor
    yeah i was looking at a couple 2s just to see how much of a difference it was with a 16t pinion. i was just running 8.4 that cam with it

RC Champion
    Pretty sure you will need connectors for Battery and to go from MMP to stk motor are different

Al
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Competitor
    which connectors would i need? do you know off hand

RC Racer
    You'll need a male connector of whatever connector style you use for your batteries (to solder onto the ESC's battery wires), and you'll also need to either change the bullet connectors on the ESC or the motor to match each other. The Velineon motor has 3.5mm male bullet connectors and the MMPro has 4mm female bullet connectors. Most would probably agree that it would be better to replace the motor connectors with 4mm bullets.

RC Competitor
    thnks...i just gotta say...these forums rock.. people are so helpful

RC Qualifier
    Definitely go with the 4mm bullets from Castle. On their website it says they are good for 75amps. I just laughed because the Traxxas ones are only 3.5mm, so I guess they wouldn't be rated for more than 50amps or so, lol. I use 4mm ones on my MMP and Kershaw 8L, they work great, and they're pretty easy to solder.

RC Competitor
    is a 16t gonna cause heat issues?

RC Racer
    Don't do this setup, the fun is at 3s and your stock motor would not hold to 3s cells. Do yourself a favor and get the MM monster with a 2200 motor. you would be happy. Stock engine would die soon and you will have to spend more money at the end. This car is the size of a 1/8 buggy a little lighter but you need a 1/8 scale motor and ESC! period.
    Slash 4x4-Cyclone S-Pro3-Tten-x2

RC Qualifier
    OMG you totally need a 1/8 scale setup. No other setup will work OMG srsly!!!

MMP will work great, even with the stock motor on 3s lipo. Just keep an eye on motor temps. You can upgrade the motor later.
    Turbo in the front, groceries in the back.

RC Competitor
    i kinds figured i would run stock motor till it pukes then upgrad to a 2200 or a 2650

RC Racer
    i'd look into the new novak 550 made just for the slash and other sct's. it's not out yet but should be a great setup.

RC Qualifier
    Actually, the new Novak Ballistic 550's are out now. They were released last week. Mine is scheduled to show up on Tuesday.
    Turbo in the front, groceries in the back.