Thread: E-revo problems

RC Enthusiast

E-revo problems

Hi I just bought a revo on ebay and I am have some issue's I hooked up two 7.2v battery's and the esc (evx-2) and I get a red light and stays on.
    The steering works but not the throttle. any help would be apprectate.

RC Qualifier
    did you try to re-program the evx yet?

Also, check out the support info on this topic here: http://www.traxxas.com/support/index...=43&artlang=en

RC Enthusiast
    I kinda fixed my e-revo I programed it but when I turn on the esc a red light comes on and stays on so I push in the gas and the radio until I got a green and then the truck takes off.

now when I drive it the battery's get super hot within 10mins or so im not driving it hard. any help would be apprectate.

could it be the 12volt dewalt motor drawing too much current?

maybe the wire's coming off the motor or the wrong size?

Changed to clickable thumbnails. Please keep all images to a width of 640 pixels or less.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 05-20-2010 at 12:44 AM.

RC Racer
    i have to programm mine evrytime i turn it on u hold down the throttle it will beep then reverse it will beep then nuetral it will beep wait a few seconds then another beep and your set to go

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by wanaBniceRevo
    i have to programm mine evrytime i turn it on u hold down the throttle it will beep then reverse it will beep then nuetral it will beep wait a few seconds then another beep and your set to go
    That's the MMM esc (castle). He's running a evx2 esc (traxxas).

The nimh 7.2 traxxas batteries do get hot but not if you are just toodling around. What specific batteries are they? Have they been modded at all?

The connections look good but looks can be deceiving. Just strip off some of the heat shrink and double check at least one connection to look at the quality of the solder joint.

Hopefully that is rc wire and not the tough copper automotive wire i use for my headlights. Inspect that and replace it with some decent 14 or 12 ga rc wire if it is. And use a good iron to make solid joints.

What tires/rims are you running

Have you removed the motor and checked for any major binding anywhere? Dirty bearings can easily cause binding. Start with the wheel bearings.

The motor may just be crap. I don't know if that dewalt can be rebuilt or not. I don't run brushed motors so double check that.
    Last edited by anr2442; 05-21-2010 at 12:27 AM.