RC Competitor

newb question Thunder AC6 balance board

Just got into this electric RC stuff. I have a slash 4x4 and a rustler with 5 lipo batteries and the Thunder AC6 charger. I'm considering buying a second AC6 so I can charge multiple batteries at a time. I'm charging them in a lipo bag inside an old ammo box. The issue I have is the cable for the balance board isn't long enough to put the battery far enough into the bag or even in the ammo box with out the charger hanging all awkward off the side.

Does any one make a longer cable for the balance board?

And I assume 2 of these chargers charging at 5A on the same wall outlet will be fine?

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dan96max
    ...And I assume 2 of these chargers charging at 5A on the same wall outlet will be fine?

Thanks!
    Can't answer the rest of your questions...but most ANY wall outlet will be at least a 20 amp circuit...so you should be just FINE!

I play in a band and we typically put MUCH larger loads on 20 amp circuits and NEVER blow them. I typically have 4 powered speakers with 5 amps max current draw on 20 amp circuits AND 4 powered monitors with 5 amps max current draw, AND our individual amps (guitar, keyboards, bass, etc...) on the same 20 amp circuit or a max of 2 20 amp circuits with NO issues ever!

Translation...you'll be FINE! lol
    Paul Valenti

Slash 4X4 #25 (Mark Jenkins)

RC Champion
    Just got into this electric RC stuff. I have a slash 4x4 and a rustler with 5 lipo batteries and the Thunder AC6 charger. I'm considering buying a second AC6 so I can charge multiple batteries at a time. I'm charging them in a lipo bag inside an old ammo box. The issue I have is the cable for the balance board isn't long enough to put the battery far enough into the bag or even in the ammo box with out the charger hanging all awkward off the side.

Does any one make a longer cable for the balance board?

And I assume 2 of these chargers charging at 5A on the same wall outlet will be fine?

Thanks!

*********.com has 6s JST extensions , but you have too buy 10 ?
    At WARN 80% and climbing !

RC Champion
    This might be the right thing.. I just don't know my connectors too well yet..

"http://www.*********.com/*********/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9728"
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC Champion
    sorry my link won't work///

I just searched "JST" on Hobby king and found loads of connectors.. check em out.
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC Competitor
    perfect, I guess I just didn't know the name of it. Makes more sense to buy the extension for the battery instead of the hole board. And 10 for like $3 sounds good to me. I'll order the 2s and 3s ones.

Kind of off topic but I got a lipo bag inside the ammo box, is that overkill? is just the bag or the box enough. The box has a gap since I can't close it with the wires sticking out but its in a garage. I've been charging in the ammo box and storing/carrying them in the lipo bag.

RC Champion
    Just got into this electric RC stuff. . I'm charging them in a lipo bag inside an old ammo box. The issue I have is the cable for the balance board isn't long enough to put the battery far enough into the bag or even in the ammo box with out the charger hanging all awkward off the side.

Thanks!
    Holy Crap Man,,, Your not dealing with charging a Space Ship Battery , Inside a LIPO sac is more than sufficiant

I recomend you make all the conections, put Bat inside Lipo sac, then plug charger into wall socket & set up charging.

----------- Al
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4