RC Enthusiast

Finish my slash or do a little bit of hop ups and get a new vehicle.

Ok guys here is my dilemma, At the end of my track season I will get my coaching check. So I will have a little fun money for rc stuff. My first choice is to finish off my slash. Buy the rest of the rpm stuff for my slash, a new screw set, a radio, body and paint, new chassis, and the vxl brushless system. There is a little more but i cant think of right now. The second option is to buy a couple of rpm stuff and a new vehicle, the DF03 RA and a servo. Maybe a radio if I dont get one at the end of the month. So which do you think i should do.

RC Qualifier
    New truck! The more the merrier!
    Bone-Stock Slash FTW!!!

RC Champion
    Does the Slash run right now? If so, I say get a new one first. New things are fun! Then have fun with the new thing and while you use that, gather up the new parts for the Slash over time, and when you are getting bored of the new one, the Slash will be done.
    Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

RC Enthusiast
    Ya the slash still runs, So you guys are basically saying get the new vehicle and gradually build the slash.

RC Qualifier
    yeah, just get the new one, and slowly get parts over time. So what rc were you looking at? (hint hint rustler vxl!!!!!!!!!)
    Bone-Stock Slash FTW!!!

RC Enthusiast
    I am a big rally fan so I decided to get the df03 ra because I can easily by changing tires make it a good on road car. I wanted a onroad car but i didn't just want something that is all it can do. The Df03 ra is pretty competent in both. Plus this wont be my last car so i might get a strictly onroad after I am done with the new car and the slash. If dont buy the vxl brushless I can afford to buy new parts for the slash and the new car.
    Last edited by Daholla77; 04-25-2010 at 12:46 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Man, I say go VXL. The slash will be a WHOLE new truck with a VXL system installed. I jsut got my Slash MT up and running the VXL system and its sick. You could pick up a VXL system from the market place here for $115. Thats a killer deal. Believe me, brushless is a different deal all together. Maybe get some swaybars and some onroad tires for it also. Get a 2nd set of shocks and do the fuel tubing/lowering mod and you have 2 setups. One for onroad and one for offroad. Lots of guys run their slash trucks onroad.
    I dont disagree that its alot of fun to buy a new truck... but if you havent experienced all your current truck has to offer your missing out. Just my opinion.
    pave

RC Enthusiast
    I am thinking about with all the money I plan on spending on the slash I might just get the slash 4x4 or the ultimate

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Daholla77
    I am a big rally fan so I decided to get the df03 ra because I can easily by changing tires make it a good on road car. I wanted a onroad car but i didn't just want something that is all it can do. The Df03 ra is pretty competent in both. Plus this wont be my last car so i might get a strictly onroad after I am done with the new car and the slash. If dont buy the vxl brushless I can afford to buy new parts for the slash and the new car.
    Great chassis choice for rally..which body will you be getting? Yes the Tamiya DF-03RA is more versatile then a comparable TT-01 chassis. But don't expect it to land jumps like the Slash.. The DF-03RA can also be made into a drift car!
    Myth busted: Blitz is not faster on the track.

RC Enthusiast
    My brother has put a thought in my head, that as much as I am spending I might as well get the platinum slash 4x4 and get the rpm parts. This is starting to make since to me sell my slash and finish the platinum off with one swell swoop.
    Last edited by Daholla77; 04-26-2010 at 01:05 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I didnt like the slash 4X4, not nearly as fast as the 2X4. It does handle much better though. Thats for sure.