RC Enthusiast

E-revo, Revo, summit?

Ok I know the summit is a different then any other car that traxxas makes, but it is a lot like the Revo's. What I'm wondering is why is the summit not in the revo section of the bulletin broad?

RC Qualifier
    the Summit has its own section....

cos its *special*

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude530
    Ok I know the summit is a different then any other car that traxxas makes, but it is a lot like the Revo's. What I'm wondering is why is the summit not in the revo section of the bulletin broad?
    You're contradicting yourself.

The Summit has it's own sub-forum because for all it's similarities to the Revo, it's still a different truck, designed to do different things.

The fact that the two trucks share the same chassis/suspension doesn't change the fact that the Summit has a 2-speed tranny, locking diffs, Titan 775 motor, Canyon AT wheels and tires, and is designed for crawling (among other things).

Apples and oranges.
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC Champion
    I guess with that logic, the 1/16th Revo and Slash should be integrated into the Revo forums as well as they are both based on the same chassis right?
    Yes, they are similar but it really is a different truck. If you asked about locking diffs, the two-speed transmission, lights, or crawling in the Revo forums, they couldn't help you out as it's not even available on the Revo.

RC Qualifier
    They are organized in order of best to worst with best being at the top. I love my Erevo and being at the top.

I actually like that they are separated so you can look in a particular section for answers to that specific vehicle. If they where combined then in would be harder to find useful info. I do agree that the Summit should be up near the Revo section since there is so many similarities, but still stay separate.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan2010
    They are organized in order of best to worst with best being at the top. I love my Erevo and being at the top.

I actually like that they are separated so you can look in a particular section for answers to that specific vehicle. If they where combined then in would be harder to find useful info. I do agree that the Summit should be up near the Revo section since there is so many similarities, but still stay separate.
    To Summit all up When they set this online community up they just wanted to be nice to you revos. So they figured they would put you at the top of the list cause you'll never be at the top of the mountain
    Summit
    Slash 4x4
    Merv
    2 Heli's
    1plane

Quote Originally Posted by swift06
    To Summit all up When they set this online community up they just wanted to be nice to you revos. So they figured they would put you at the top of the list cause you'll never be at the top of the mountain
    nice......burn ha ha
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann
    nice......burn ha ha
    I figured the fire was already started. I just threw some gasoline on it
    Summit
    Slash 4x4
    Merv
    2 Heli's
    1plane

Quote Originally Posted by swift06
    I figured the fire was already started. I just threw some gasoline on it
    It's not mean spirited it's just funny The perfect choice of words Very {fancy word alert}eloquent Hey we could tie the revo on the back and drag it to the top
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann
    It's not mean spirited it's just funny The perfect choice of words Very {fancy word alert}eloquent Hey we could tie the revo on the back and drag it to the top
    No need. The Erevo could run a couple of circles around the Summit to get up some speed and hit the jump at the base of the mountain and just fly to the top.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan2010
    No need. The Erevo could run a couple of circles around the Summit to get up some speed and hit the jump at the base of the mountain and just fly to the top.
    Oh! So in other words the Revo needs to play the handicapped card and use a jump? There was no earlier mention of a jump.
    Summit
    Slash 4x4
    Merv
    2 Heli's
    1plane

RC Champion
    I like both, but I feel somewhat disrespected that the Summit is stuck in the Generic "Traxxas Electric" thread, while The E-Revo has it's own thread and they technically are the same platform.

Besides some of the guys on here have ERBE envy so bad they make claims they can't fulfill.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

Quote Originally Posted by quadiak
    I like both, but I feel somewhat disrespected that the Summit is stuck in the Generic "Traxxas Electric" thread, while The E-Revo has it's own thread and they technically are the same platform.

Besides some of the guys on here have ERBE envy so bad they make claims they can't fulfill.
    Who might that be I'd like to get a erevo for when i feel the need for speed but i do pretty much all offroad trail running and mountain climbs so all the speed would be useless to me for that.speed is fun though
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    we're summits we dont think we just do!!!!!!!!

also E-revos dont go up mountains they crash into them off the poorly built jump at the base