Thread: problems

RC Qualifier

problems

when i turn on my esc it turns green then goes off any suggestions

RC Champion
    Possibly one of your servos is shot. I'd start with checking the steering servos. Pull the plug from the receiver box on one steering servo, then try the ESC. If it still won't turn on, pull the plug for the other and try again.

A bad steering servo can shut down the whole truck. Do your LED's flash for a second while the ESC light turns on?
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC Qualifier
    that worked, but know when i push the throttle the car turns off

RC Champion
    Try checking the connections between the ESC and motor.
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC Qualifier
    well it didnt turn off with 16.8 volts but it did with 14.4 volts but the motor didnt move when i put throttle on

RC Racer
    so are you saying the truck comes on ,or esc lights up? then when you give it throttle nothing happens? do you have steering?..
    smokeGR
    2summits 2villainEX slayer3.3

RC Qualifier
    so i charged a different pair of batteries and plugged it in and turned everything on and hit the throttle and the motor started to spin the shifting servo moved and the steering servos turned this is making me mad!!!!!!! i dont know if this helps but i also put a dewalt in today.

RC Qualifier
    so i charged a different pair of batteries and plugged it in and turned everything on and hit the throttle and the motor started to spin the shifting servo moved and the steering servos turned this is making me mad!!!!!!! i dont know if this helps but i also put a dewalt in today.

RC Qualifier
    it was the reciever so i swapped it out and that motor is fast. but the batteries are almost up to 200 degrees what should i do? also how do i get the stock pinion off the dewalt motoor?

RC Qualifier
    amd also where can i get new brushes and plugs that go on the motor?

RC Qualifier
    to get the pinion off the dewalt motor if it is a brand new motor you need a dremmel tool or the like to cut it of. be very careful you dont cut off the shaft it attaches too

as for brushes for the dewalt, these can be bought from your local dewalt dealer

RC Qualifier

pinion opinion

Hi guys,The stuck pinion.Drill out the grub screw with a 1.or 1.5 mm drill bit.If you use a 1 mm ,you can get the hex drive in further.Is the pinion alu or steel? If its alu,it can be rethreaded easily by cutting a machine screw of the appropriate size.Cut a slot at the threaded end,at about 80 degrees ,/ ,about that angle. . screw it into the hole. \That'll cut a thread