RC Qualifier

Substance 4wd Progression

Since my Baja body has passed away. I figured a new thread would be needed to detail my track queens progressions, jk... still bash occasionally. She began as a RTR and has progressed to what you see now.

Since getting this body it has not been ran due to my MMP blowing up and taking the sensor on my Novak with it. Got a Havok Pro in yesterday and should be hitting the track next week.

Mods:
    Traxxas Sway Bars
    RPM A-Arms
    Proline Powerstrokes
    Novak 4.5HV
    Novak Havok Pro ESC
    STRC bearing carriers (4x)
    Traxxas Center Diff @ 50k
    Numerous sets of tires and rims....
    RPM Bumpers & Mud Flaps
    Proline F150 body
    Hitec 5645 digital servo
    Futaba 3pk 2.4 Fasst Tx/Rx
    4x4 PE & Beyond...

RC Racer
    Looks cool, my bug body is almost dust too....but what happenend to the mmp?

RC Qualifier
    Programmed it, turned it on and it blew up.
    4x4 PE & Beyond...

RC Qualifier
    How do you like the Powerstrokes? I just installed mine and haven't had a chance to run them yet. I found I had to add a lot of preload to the front to get the ride height where I wanted it with the front suspension arms level. They feel very smooth. Much more linear than the stock shocks/springs.
    Turbo in the front, groceries in the back.

RC Qualifier
    That's funny, I've got a Baja Bug that I am almost done painting and I just got the F150 body in the mail yesterday! Along with a set of White 1piece Split-six wheels that I'm going to dye, just not sure what color to dye them, Maybe Blue since all of my bodies have blue in them, or maybe Blue and try to dye just the simulated Beadlock orange. Hmmm... btw, your truck looks great. What happened to your bug body, mine's really thick and seems pretty bulletproof.

RC Qualifier
    Wop, Powerstrokes are awesome. They do tend to need a bit of preload but how much I use is track dependent. Sticking 60wt in them and a good amount of preload I have jumped out 25 ft down to flat bottom without issue. It seems now that I have aluminum carriers with these shocks I am not breaking or bending stub axles either.

Scott, the baja isn't allowed in racing classes. Also, it began to crack where the body mounts were. I will be using it on my crawler.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I can't wait to get it dirty and get some more videos up.
    4x4 PE & Beyond...

RC Qualifier
    I filled mine with 55wt to start and plan to tune from there. I guess I'm at a good starting point.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, if you bash and hit that bmx track all the time I have seen in your video. You are pretty much set.
    4x4 PE & Beyond...

RC Qualifier
    I'll be scaling back to a 2s lipo and installing a center diff here in a couple weeks. The local track is doing a nine race series starting on the 25th of this month that I'll be entering, so I'll be racing every couple of weeks throughout the summer. Jumps aren't nearly as big as the BMX track though. Couple of big doubles at most.

RC Qualifier
    Old video, but I have done that numerous times and have never had an issue. Some guy with his nitro tried it first time to land on the flat and broke. While he was fixing it he got to hear his kid say, OMG, He did it again. WOW, he did it again! Which was really amusing.

I would start @ 45 weight and go down from there for an actual track
    4x4 PE & Beyond...

RC Racer
    powerstrokes are the bomb.the only problem is there made for the 2 wheel,so the front shocks are supposed to fit inside the A arm.but the 4x4 fits on the front of A arm and the shock will pop off.i used a washer on the screw and it fixed it that easy.just a warning.imtrying 35 wt oil all around next race.ive been running 55 f 50 rear and there sweet,but im gunna keep trying different wt and see how they do.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, that is really heavy to be running on a track. I wouldn't make such a huge jump like that though. Try 40/45

I also use an m4 teflon and an m5 steel washer on the bottom

4x4 PE & Beyond...

RC Champion
    nice truck, what does it say on the roof?
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Qualifier
    Jagermeister....

My answer to the played out energy drink theme.
    4x4 PE & Beyond...

RC Qualifier
    You kind of beat me to that idea. I thought the same thing about having so many energy drink rigs, including my RedBull themed body. I want to do a Jager body, but with the old school orange paint job that was used on the old Group5 BMW touring cars.

RC Qualifier
    HAHA, yeah... nights of Jager. Good times

I had the black and orange already and found the blue and black logo online. Used XXX main. Made it really easy.

Forgot to mention I picked up a clear gear cover and aluminum motor mount. Keep those temps down on that bearing.

Also, Integy heatsink w/ diamond thermal compound.

Last edited by Substance; 04-18-2010 at 12:46 AM.
    4x4 PE & Beyond...