RC Racer

Question How durable is the slash 4x4 rtr or PE?

I'm going to get a slash next week just wondering how durable the PE or the 4x4 rtr slashes in general. My friend has the 2wd slash and that holds up well. Are the 4x4s and PEs just as durable?

I would say no. Mine hasn't broken, yet, but I drive it conservatively. The 2wd's are much simpler, with alot less parts, and require less maintanance. But, imo the 4x4 is worth it.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Competitor

Tuff Enuff 4 Me

Got my rtr slash 4x4 on wednesday and have been beating the you know what out of it and still have not broke a part yet - I know its only been 2 full days but I am laid off now and have been running the truck all day. Very durable 4x4. I know a part will break sooner or later but my lhs stocks every part there is. Good luck hope this helps.

RC Qualifier
    Yes! They are very durable. I haven't had any major issues in 3.5 months, and I race every week and bash around 3 time a week at the track. My 2wd sits on a shelf.
    Slash 4x4 RTR
    Platinum Slash 4x4

RC Competitor
    my PE4x4 is awesome. i have flipped it crashed it jumped it rolled it cartwheeled it and i have had only two screws fall out. remember to put locktite on any screw to aluminum connection. if you have the money go for it. you spend just as much going with a 2wd and brushless. have fun.

RC Racer
    Got mine b4 christmas and bashed some and ran on an indoor track weekly. It has been rolled, endoed and cartwheeled more times than I can count.

So far I have bent or broken 4 rear axles and replaced the rear carrier bearings due to normal wear (prior to failure).

It's a good idea to stock up on rear stub axles. Other than that I'm happy with this truck.

Side note: I can now change a stub axle in about 5 minutes, including thread lock on axles and aluminum carrier.
    Last edited by PanicRev; 04-17-2010 at 01:26 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jsj1982
    my PE4x4 is awesome. i have flipped it crashed it jumped it rolled it cartwheeled it and i have had only two screws fall out. remember to put locktite on any screw to aluminum connection. if you have the money go for it. you spend just as much going with a 2wd and brushless. have fun.
    Lol, that's the only problem I've had too!
    The 4x4 is very durable, just remember it's much faster than the 2wd.
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Racer
    I'm glad to hear the PE version holds up pretty well. I think that's what I am going to get next week pending if the hobby store gets it in.

RC Competitor
    it is durable but it does break, keep in mind it has 2x the parts of a 2wd, 2x the weight and 3x the power (3s). But over all I would say it is a durable truck. I beat the p i s s out of mine on a daily basis.
    In Got We Trust