RC Racer

Im searched out????? Help

When I hook up my Tekin rx8 what will I need it dont come with??
    Where can I get Battery trx connectors?
    The battery wires come with the tekin kit?
    Should I run my batteries parallel or series and whats the difrence?
    I just need to know what I need to order that way I can get after it as soon as it gets here and I dont have to wait on extra parts.
    Help if ya can. Im learnin though.

RC Racer
    All you will need is your battery wires and a male trx connector. Since you'll just have one battery connector coming off the ESC, you need to make or buy a series and parallel connector. Don't buy the ones offered by traxxas, they are for the Mini-Revo or Slash. The wire is not big enough to handle the loads put on by the RX8. If you can't make your own, search forums for bobhughes(think thats right), he makes great custom connectors!! He made mine and they are top notch!! Difference between series and parallel is simple. Series doubles the voltage (more power) and papallel doubles the mah (Longer runtime). So 2 3s 5000mah in series = 6s 5000mah. Therefore 2 3s 5000mah in parallel = 3s 10,000mah. The RX8 comes with the motor wires (red, black and blue) and these need to be soldered directly on. Thats it. I have both the MMM and RX8 and both are great setups. RX8 is a little smoother on low end due to being sensored. You'll love it! Hope this help some.
    FLM EMAXX
    ERevo MMM
    Summit
    Stampede REM
    MERV

RC Qualifier
    So you need battery wires and a male connector, but not motor wires? Good to know.

RC Racer
    That's correct!!
    FLM EMAXX
    ERevo MMM
    Summit
    Stampede REM
    MERV

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC5.2
    So you need battery wires and a male connector, but not motor wires? Good to know.
    Well, typically 2 male connectors. Just like on the EVX
    Stock Summit minus Tekin/2.4Ghz

RC Racer
    Any one have pics of this?

RC Qualifier
    I recently wired mine up. It comes with about 10 inches of red/white/black wires to go from your motor to speed control. I believe you could use the remaining wire for wiring that up to complete your series wiring harness however I had a blown up MMM and just cut the series connector off of that. You will need to ends for the harness and you are set!
    xl-5 Stampede
    ERBE Tekin 6s
    ERBE MMM 4/6s

RC Racer
    Bobs fixin me up, thanks everyone...

RC Qualifier
    You can always direct wire the two connectors in series to the ESC, I do this for the MMM and RX8 since it keeps it clean and provides a good path without bogging down with a single TRX connector.

RC Racer
    Good call scriner...Bob's the man!! You'll be very satisfied!!
    FLM EMAXX
    ERevo MMM
    Summit
    Stampede REM
    MERV