Thread: Summit Tires

RC Racer

Summit Tires

well i put the stock tires back on today just "gp" and i like to climb with em, and going through water, i go under with them dew to the fact that they fill up with water.compared to my moabs on tech5 they dont get water logged thier for i float like a boat .but going completely under is cool.till i have to spend time tryin to get water out of the summit stock wheel n tire no happy medium here.but i dont miss the wobble of the stockers niether
    smokeGR
    2summits 2villainEX slayer3.3

RC Qualifier
    Did you cut a couple small holes into the tires so the water can escape?

RC Racer
    yes i did. 180 degree apart.thier good tires just hate it when i get em water logged.lol i tell ya if ou have never ran another tire except for the stocers you would be surprised how differant the summit runs with stiffer tire...
    smokeGR
    2summits 2villainEX slayer3.3

RC Qualifier
    I dunno... I just give 'er full-throttle for 10 seconds or so with it sitting upside down and pretty much any water in there sprays right out of the holes (if you're still running brushed, hold two tires against the ground while allowing the other two tires to spin. This way the differential gears will double the RPM of the spinning tires to better fling the water out).

And yes, different tires definitely gets you better handling, but almost any other tire out there gives up some crawling performance I've found. Best to just switch tires for the different uses you have planned.

RC Qualifier
    Hi guys,just drive the truck ,away from your house,lol ,the water can stink,lol