RC Racer

Titan bullet connectors

Hey does anyone know if Traxxas has a part number for the motor lead female/male bullet style connectors? Or where to find a similar style? (or better ones for that matter)

My local Cambodian Tire has one style for 14-16AWG that will work but I need to replace the ESC end to match and I don't know if I like them yet.
    2.4Ghz Dewalt E-Remmit

RC Qualifier
    I got some at radio shack that worked but traxxas seem nicer

RC Racer
    Has anyone used the Traxxas connectors to hook up the ESC to the motor?

They just seem easier to use than the bullets. Would have to be careful not to hook them up directly to a battery though. I can see my Summit launching off the bench, out the door, down the road, over the field... and on to the highway now..
    2.4Ghz Dewalt E-Remmit

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by hugh jorgan
    Has anyone used the Traxxas connectors to hook up the ESC to the motor?

They just seem easier to use than the bullets. Would have to be careful not to hook them up directly to a battery though. I can see my Summit launching off the bench, out the door, down the road, over the field... and on to the highway now..

If your really worried about doing that then use Deans Ultras to hook 'em up.
    HK Brushless Summit!!!

RC Racer
    I did a bit of reading on the Deans, not a bad connector. I was thinking of the Traxxas ones and put female ends on the motor leads so there can be no direct coupling. In the end I will have three motors swapping back and forth so instead of four wires to connect each time, it would be two connectors.

Ok, so given the choice, my LHS has both in stock in the quantity I require...

Which connector is better for this application? Both would be the same to install.
    2.4Ghz Dewalt E-Remmit

RC Champion
    Why not use gold bullet connectors like the brushless motors and esc's use? I soldered generic gold bullet connectors onto my 550's to run them on the vxl esc.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by quadiak
    Why not use gold bullet connectors like the brushless motors and esc's use? I soldered generic gold bullet connectors onto my 550's to run them on the vxl esc.
    Not a bad idea either, seems my LHS stocks anyhting I can dream up here.

Is there any reason the standard is bullet connectors? Two connectors seem easier to me than four so the Deans and Traxxas are apealing.

If I do this then I would be installing new connectors onto the ESC and onto three motors, so ease of install is also a factor.
    2.4Ghz Dewalt E-Remmit

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by hugh jorgan
    Not a bad idea either, seems my LHS stocks anyhting I can dream up here.

Is there any reason the standard is bullet connectors? Two connectors seem easier to me than four so the Deans and Traxxas are apealing.

If I do this then I would be installing new connectors onto the ESC and onto three motors, so ease of install is also a factor.
    well then cut the bullet connectors off the 775 and solder them onto the dewalt. I could mail ya some from burned out motors are you coming to Edmonton anytime soon?
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by quadiak
    well then cut the bullet connectors off the 775 and solder them onto the dewalt. I could mail ya some from burned out motors are you coming to Edmonton anytime soon?
    Thanks for the offer Quadiak! Both my Titans are still 'good' so I want to leave the leads on. I am almost sold on the Deans as I want a connector that I can grip the connector itself to disconnect instead of the wires.

I am thinking if I am going to go through all of this work, why not go better than stock?

Yay... Go flames... at least they will get a head start on their tans..
    2.4Ghz Dewalt E-Remmit

RC Enthusiast
    I changed mine to deans works great.
    You cant fix stupid

RC Champion
    You want the male leads on the motor side. If you put in on the ESC and accidentally leave the ESC on, you could potentially have the end energized and that would be bad. It doesn't matter which connector you use as the male end is exposed. That's typical practice from what I have seen.

RC Champion
    I have always used bullets for ESC to motor connections .... but no reason why you could not use others.

In brushless you always use bullets as motor turn direction is not always guaranteed and swaping of any two of the three wires on a brushless motor will reverese the motor rotation .... so bullets are standard on ALL brushless I have dealt with for that reason.

Bob
    I make tap adapters and power harnesses.

if you really plan to do this, and you plan to swap motors constantly, then I would suggest traxxas connectors. They are a lil bigger than deans but brand new deans connectors are a pain to pull apart. Theres no true gripping surfaces nor ridges like the traxxas connectors. Many times I have wanted to stick a butterknife in between the male/female deans connectors to pry them apart. shocking idea.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Champion
    http://hdiproducts.com/ Works great for Deans if your wire size fits.
    I make tap adapters and power harnesses.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughes500Bob
    http://hdiproducts.com/ Works great for Deans if your wire size fits.
    These look awesome and would work great. Shipping is $16.95 to Canada though..

The Traxxas connector might win as they are easier to pull apart, but the Deans connector is a little stronger. If I can find a dealer for the HDI I will definitely go that route and never look back. Thanks!
    2.4Ghz Dewalt E-Remmit