RC Champion

snapping shafts with MMM

I know there are threads on this but none recent... I've went through 3 shafts today with my MMM slash and a LOOSE SLIPPER! Just wondering of any ideas on fixing. Maybe Revo shafts or some good CVDs? I've never had CVDs so I'm clueless... thanks
    Drive it like you stole it or leave it shelved

RC Champion
    i heard these work well, plus they have a life time warrenty!!!

rear's
    http://www.rcbros.com/cart/prodView.asp?idproduct=379

fronts
    http://www.rcbros.com/cart/prodView.asp?idproduct=453
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Qualifier
    I'm running the full FLM set on 4S with MMM 2650. They seem to be holding up without a problem so far.

RC Champion
    Where did you get them?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rustler09
    i heard these work well, plus they have a life time warrenty!!!

rear's
    http://www.rcbros.com/cart/prodView.asp?idproduct=379

fronts
    http://www.rcbros.com/cart/prodView.asp?idproduct=453
    How much additional weight does this add??
    FangsCPO
    "How fast was I going Officer?" Wow?

RC Champion
    not sure, round has them, ask him.
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Champion
    Man I need a set

http://www.teknorc.com/product_info....8a217800d142dd These are the ones I'm waiting for.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Champion
    Those look great.

Thats what I thought, especially since they come with 6mm shafts, carriers, and bearings. But personally, I still have my original stockers on.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Competitor
    The new MIP's withe the telescoping shafts look pretty slick too but I'm not sold on the plastic rings that they use to retain the pins. I've had my mmm 2650 in my truck for about a week and a half and haven't run it yet because I've got a bent stub and I'm waiting for my FLM's.

Snapping shafts was one of the things that I was worried about. I primarily went with the FLM's because of the lifetime warranty. They got a pretty decent deal too, $86 for the full set. Now if they could only get their supply caught up with the demand. I'm dieing to get mine so I can run this thing with the new motor.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by LD50
    The new MIP's withe the telescoping shafts look pretty slick too but I'm not sold on the plastic rings that they use to retain the pins. I've had my mmm 2650 in my truck for about a week and a half and haven't run it yet because I've got a bent stub and I'm waiting for my FLM's.

Snapping shafts was one of the things that I was worried about. I primarily went with the FLM's because of the lifetime warranty. They got a pretty decent deal too, $86 for the full set. Now if they could only get their supply caught up with the demand. I'm dieing to get mine so I can run this thing with the new motor.
    I recommend if you run with stockers, adjust your clutch and also the timing and throttle punch. These standstill takeoffs on 3s kill the stock shafts.

RC Competitor
    Ha, I'm sure they do. At this point I'll just wait and save the stockers. My truck is completely torn down right now and by the time I get a chance to rebuild it, the FLM's should be here. Besides, I've got a new proline F150 body and undertray I need to come up with a paint scheme for to keep me busy until then. I also picked up one of the Eflite micro helicopters to play with in the down time. It's a lot of fun. The kids love watching it too. I'm still learning with it though. It's taking some time to retrain myself from all of the time I used to spend flying planes.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pedecrawler
    Where did you get them?
    I bought them directly from FLM. I think it was just a matter of timing. They had announced but nothing had shipped to retailers when I asked how to get them. They offered to sell me a set using Paypal. They don't normally sell retail.

RC Champion
    Man I need a set, from pede above.

both the links i linked above are in stock!!!
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Competitor
    I tried ordering mine from FLM and they sent me to RCbros and told me they had just completed a big order for them. Mine must not have made the cutoff because it's been awhile. I just checked with FLM the other day and they said they should ship in 2 to 3 days. So if anyone wants some I'd hurry.