RC Qualifier

what will I need??

I am going to get the Mamba Monster Pro Esc. for my slash 4x4 today. I thought I read the connectors need to be changed....is this true? Also will it attach the same as the stock esc? i plan to run it with the Velinion right now and I will purchase either the Novak HV 4.5 or 5.5 in a week or two. I plan to run mostley if not always 2s.....thats all I can run on my local track. I read that for 2s the HV 4.5 is the best choice and if you are running 3s the HV 5.5 is the best choice....right?
    Run What Ya Brung and Pray You Brung Enough!

RC Competitor
    i just did mine last night. I think you need 4.5mm bullet connectors for the wiring, and then a traxxas (or whatever brand you use) male connector for the power wires.
    To mount it, I traced the VXL footprint onto a lexan piece then stuck the MMP to the lexan using servo tape.
    There;s also a power switch the i bolted onto the outside for easier access.

RC Champion
    i think if you get the mount that castle offers it will mount up.
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Qualifier
    What size are the Novak bullet connectors? I dont want to cut more than once.
    Run What Ya Brung and Pray You Brung Enough!

RC Champion
    buy 6 (3 male/3 female) and cut both esc and motor wires.
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Champion
    the novak motors dont come with wiring or bullets.. just a motor.. you have to supply the rest. and the mamba monster isnt the right ESC for the novak motors, you'll want the mamba max pro. the monster doesnt support sensored motors.

its not really a matter of 2s or 3s to choose between the 4.5 or 5.5.. its a matter of preference, and how fast you want to go. I race on 2s and use the 5.5hv. its geared 14/54 and i run JC goosebumps. I dont have a problem clearing the big combos or matching speeds with anyone going down the big straight... i think the 4.5 will probably be overkill on the tracks I run on. its really just personal preference. I would guess that the motors run about the same temps, geared for the same speeds...

The ESC will have 4mm female bullets.. you just need some wire (wet noodle is fine.. just get a foot of black..) and at radio shack you can get red white and black heat shrink for the bullets.. gives it a nice factory look.

hope that cleared up some things for ya..
    Slash 2wd w/ Novak
    Rusty w/ Castle