Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bulldog revo

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by noir522
    you mentioned water proofing the esc with the corrosion X? how was it done? how is it going? Any tests?
    i have not waterproofed the esc yet as i want to run it properly to makesure it is working properly before i waterproof it
    but check out below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jpSW50cobs
    Summit, E-Revo, E-Revo Brushless, Merv. Baja 5BSS

RC Qualifier
    This is awesome.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Revoman859

RC Racer
    Well nearly finished
    what i managed to get finished today was to finish mounting both front and rear bumpersfrom RC Raven.

The rear bumper was mounted on a Traxxas summit front bumper mount.

The body mounts were also fitted the front mounts were Hot Racing front mounts
    The rear mounts was a modified Traxxas Summit body mount.

Next a Tekno wing mount was installed to the rear body mount

RC Racer
    Next a wing saver/roll bar was installed to the rear wing using ">Traxxas roll bar wheels

Next was wire management and the installation of the reciever and assosiated wiring.

And finally for tonight the New Era Rollbar was installed to protect the motor and ESC and also to stiffen up the chassis.

Next will be to finalise all the settings and mount the body then testing

RC Racer
    Ok then all
    The project is almost complete just tweaking left to do
    so finally the project has been named Diablo
    And here are the promised body shots

I would like to give a personal thanks to Steve Zielke from zielke racing who did a fantastic job painting the body shell
    and working with a brit to get what i wanted.
    this shell when it hits the sun light with its paint fleck really looks great

Last edited by ksb51rl; 06-21-2010 at 08:59 PM.

RC Qualifier
    That is one piece of machinery you have there... After you run it a few times let us now which parts are a nice investment and which parts you could have done without!
    xl-5 Stampede
    ERBE Tekin 6s
    ERBE MMM 4/6s

RC Qualifier
    Holy Crap!!!

That is a bad motha. I literally lol'd when I saw the lil' guy peein' on the Nitro. ha ha ha

This should be RC of the month or something. The attention to detail is top notch.
    Slash MMP 4600kv
    Slash VXL

RC Qualifier
    I think this is the only erevo i have seen that is worthy of being a shelf queen, be a real shame to scratch that body and get all those shiney bits dirty. Absolutely awesome build.

The airbrush work on the body is insane. Love it, top marks tectic.

RC Qualifier
    Beautiful, err, ah.... I mean Beastly! LOL
    1/16 MERV
    BL Revo Platinum MMM MADNESS!

RC Qualifier
    Take a Bow! Nice stuff.....
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 07-02-2011 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Language
    **I hope there are RCs in Heaven; EMBE + 6S FTW!**

RC Qualifier
    WOW..........................................
    Slash 4X4 PLATINUM EDITION, Revo 3.3 Crawler

RC Qualifier
    Awesome car dude!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Revoman859

RC Qualifier
    Hey Tectic,

I tried the gorilla snawt in the tranny and it works great thanks for the tip! It took a few runs for it to work in, but now it just moves like butta!
    Tekin RX-8 ERBE
    MC 1/8th scale Center Diff

RC Qualifier
    I am drooling! One thing though, you should probably cut out the air scoop on your body, that's the whole point of it.
    1/16 MERV

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude
    I am drooling! One thing though, you should probably cut out the air scoop on your body, that's the whole point of it.
    Thanks for the tip mate
    If the motor and ESC temps require it then maybe the scoop will be opened up
    but if you check out the body mounting then you will see it sits higher than normal and the wheel arches direct loads of air through the body
    and as yet no problems with the temps

RC Qualifier
    I got you, if your temps are fine there's no need to change the body. How is he performing?
    1/16 MERV

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude
    I got you, if your temps are fine there's no need to change the body. How is he performing?
    well the truck has had its first couple of outings
    sorry no vids but the first outing was a good learning curve
    the truck was pretty fast but came to a premature close with a leaking rear shock which was strange as during the build
    the other rear shock started to leak after inspection the rubber top seal were both found to have small holes!!
    The truck seemed to lack any real starting torque so the first outing was only 10 mins of use also the slipper clutch semmed to be slipping.

The second outing was with the wife and dog
    After fixing the shock and re adjusting the slipper up the truck was a totally diffrent beast
    Wheelies on demand even with the center diff and the top end was also increased
    I am running 21/54 and no noticeable heat issues
    i do have to say with the increased front and rear track and longer wheelbase the handling is great

Here are a couple of pics to show the diffrence in wheel base and front track width

since the first two outings the weather here has been too wet to get out again but as soon as it dries up i will try to get some video

RC Qualifier
    TEMP updates! I'm anxious to try your gorilla snawt method as well as the heavy lubing of the diff/tranny like you did, but I really would like to see temps measured first! Thanks for being a pioneer. My wallets aren't deep enough, YET! (Graduate college this month... hopefully after that! haha)
    xl-5 Stampede
    ERBE Tekin 6s
    ERBE MMM 4/6s

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice Revo. Plenty of bling on it! Look forward to the vids!

RC poster

for sale

you want to sell it,let me know thanks clint

RC Racer
    I have a new Favorite RC! this thing just looks cool!

RC Racer
    Finally managed to get some video
    I have found that the Hot Racing shock caps have to be replaced
    The caps having vent holes drilled in the top of the cap and the shock diaphrams are piercing at this point due to no support.
    I have installed the stock caps for now untill a replacement can be found.
    I also snapped one of the rear extended arms and will see how the new arms hold up.

http://img683.imageshack.us/my.php?image=movieaix.mp4

RC Competitor
    Hi tectic, i think your revo is one of the most bad in this forum and you got a good eye for details, but i think that if you want have the p2 rocker with the alu once, than you should mount your pushroad on the outer hole of the aluminium rocker. I have got the same one if you put the stock p2 rocker upon the front alu rocker you will see that the holes on the out side are the right one. Never than less you want have p3 rocker on the front and p2 on the rear.
    In any case. ...HoT TrucK!!
    F.
    Ps i hope i am not wrong

Edited for Language
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 06-21-2010 at 09:01 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Nice truck. I had a few questions about the diff's you used. They outer diffs are RD logics, right? If so, they are the Revo diffs and there is no difference in E-revo or Revo outer cups? Also, the HR inner cups look like there is no differentiation between E-Revo and Revo, but I think the Revo does not have the cross bars for strength inside the diff. If this is so, is the HR diff compatible with the crossbars and did you use them or do you just have diffs exactly like the Nitro Revo?
    xl-5 Stampede
    ERBE Tekin 6s
    ERBE MMM 4/6s

RC Racer
    If you read post #3 again all is explained
    The HR inner cups do accept the E-revo cross bars but you do not use the side supports.
    The Revo and E-revo use the same outer diff cases.

RC Qualifier
    Very good turn out I must say. I love the body/paint combo you had them do, it looks fantastic. Those guys have so many amaizing options on their website, best paint jobs I have seen- worth the 100+ I think.

Question- what made you decide to go with the new era roll bar instead of the RCSolutions roll cage? I was planning to get the roll cage but that roll bar looks really nice and I'm guessing is a little cheaper? Do you think as far as supporting the chassis that roll bar will strengthen the chassis as well as the roll cage? Also what's the roll bar weigh?
    That's Just How I Roll o==o>

RC Racer
    Question- what made you decide to go with the new era roll bar instead of the RCSolutions roll cage? I was planning to get the roll cage but that roll bar looks really nice and I'm guessing is a little cheaper? Do you think as far as supporting the chassis that roll bar will strengthen the chassis as well as the roll cage? Also what's the roll bar weigh?[/QUOTE]

The New era roll cage i installed was chosen for its simple design it strengthens the chassis considerably and adds protection to all the areas needing protection.
    it is great with the traxxas body but if you want to install a slipstream body like i did then you need to raise the body height as the roll bar touches the rear of the slipstream body.
    i got around this by using modified summit body mounts
    but overall i am pleased with the roll cage
    as for weight im not sure as i am back in the USA at the moment but i would expect it to be considerably less than the RC Solutions roll cage looking at all the aluminum in it

RC poster
    Beautiful build, Any New Videos?

RC Racer
    Hi sorry but no new vids yet as i am working in the states at the moment and my truck is back in the UK.

RC Qualifier
    All this turned out nice Great build!

RC Racer
    Thought I would update this thread a bit
    I lost my sign on details and just managed to get back in

Diablo is still running well!
    I am still running the origional transmission and diffs since the build with no problems.
    The biggest problem I had with the origional build was the Hot Racing shock caps!
    Everything else is as per the build.
    I have replaced 1 SPI Racing wheel under the warranty program as I hit a hidden rock full speed
    The STRC front skid plate has taken a lot of abuse and is still going strong
    I have had to straighten it out a few times though as my wife still seems to attract kamikazi trees.
    The only thing I have broken todate is a front upper arm and buckled 1 wheel so not too bad going.
    The Roll cage also does its job great.
    I am especially pleased with the Tekin RX8 It is a great ESC and runs flawlessly.
    I am uploading a new video of Diablo which was taken a couple of months ago.

I am currently thinking about removing the centre diff and using a lighter oil as I do seem to loose some of the top end with the current setup.

RC Qualifier
    congratulations! extremely detailed job!!

i want to warn you about the HR inner differential housings. i used the same on my erevo aluminum project (which by the way was a complete disaster in the end, a heavy crash bent the front bulkheads) and after ~10 runs the front diff housing made a big vertical crack, next to one of the four screws... of course all the diff oil was gone etc. after 2-3 runs same happened to the rear. i was using taped big joes though and the whole car was a bit heavier than yours this was adding to it of course.

take care of it! i decided to return to plastic due to weight finally.

RC Enthusiast
    awesome !!!!!

RC poster
    is there a part # list for this build? i want alot of stuff from this build

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by malibu jim View Post
    is there a part # list for this build? i want alot of stuff from this build
    There is info about all the parts used ( manufacturer and part names / numbers ) in every post during the build, you just have ot read the info which goes with each picture, then a quick google for the brands listed will no doubt turn up the retailers where-in you can find all the parts used from each one
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

post #37

next the 17mm wheel adapters were installed on to the axles.

what are the wheel extention or adapters? Is the extra width in the off set in the rims? I read it but what am I missing?
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    They are just regular 17mm hexes- like the savage uses ( just a larger version of plain traxxas 14mm hexes )- he is using 'SPI Racing Saber aluminium wheels' which are almost full offset by the looks of them, that is what gives the extra width ( the extensions were part of the Hudy wheel balancing tool, not used on the truck ).
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

^Ok thanks for explaining that. I was confusing myself.
    I thought the width was in the wheel offset.

But I think I have seen about a year ago a wheel adapter that is an extention?? To add width without a wheel offset?? Now I can't find it, or am I way off. If not I am going to try to build some, on the lathe & mill. Soon as I get it figure out.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyofDarkness View Post
    They are just regular 17mm hexes- like the savage uses ( just a larger version of plain traxxas 14mm hexes )- he is using 'SPI Racing Saber aluminium wheels' which are almost full offset by the looks of them, that is what gives the extra width ( the extensions were part of the Hudy wheel balancing tool, not used on the truck ).
    Pretty much spot on!
    The SPI wheels give the standoff as you can see the hex hub is on the inside of the wheel instead of the outside
    the wheel hexes were New era You can check out this build thread it has links to all the parts used

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/78...iablo-project/

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzion View Post
    congratulations! extremely detailed job!!

i want to warn you about the HR inner differential housings. i used the same on my erevo aluminum project (which by the way was a complete disaster in the end, a heavy crash bent the front bulkheads) and after ~10 runs the front diff housing made a big vertical crack, next to one of the four screws... of course all the diff oil was gone etc. after 2-3 runs same happened to the rear. i was using taped big joes though and the whole car was a bit heavier than yours this was adding to it of course.

take care of it! i decided to return to plastic due to weight finally.
    Thanks
    I have been running them for over a year now and they are still going strong