Not everybody does. I hate those kinds of people who don't.
I was browsing the car websites I visit, and this article came up:
You don't have to conduct an investigative study to understand the benefits of DRLs. Sure, DRLs are useless during the middle of the day when every car highly visible. But as others have said, DRLs are there for the vain, selfish, stupid, inconsiderate people who don't think they have to turn their headlights on when it's dark, raining, foggy, or snowing outside. It's a safety measure to protect the public from the stupid drivers of the world.
I hate people who don't have their headlights on during poor visibility conditions with a PASSION. Those kinds of drivers actually, I lump into with the same drivers who
- Don't signal before they turn.
- Don't know the right-of-way rules at a four way intersection.
- Don't pull over for emergency vehicles.
- Don't slow down while driving through school crossings.
- Don't stop before the crosswalk at traffic lights to allow pedestrians to safely cross.
- Etc. You get my point.