Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    It would appear that the blinks determine how many channels were programmed into the hardware. So 4 blinks is better than 2.

So the later the Tx was made the more channels, limit 5.

RC Racer
    Would it be possible to control the throw of channel 4 and 5 with a variable resistor or maybe the digital equivilant?

No real reason at this stage just curious.

RC Racer
    I would think a "pot" just like what's used on the 2 normal channels would give proportional control.
    The real answer needs to come from the electronic guru's here...

Quote Originally Posted by diby_2000
    Would it be possible to control the throw of channel 4 and 5 with a variable resistor or maybe the digital equivilant?

No real reason at this stage just curious.
    Nop... Quote from PeterV...

Quote Originally Posted by PeterV
    Channels 3, 4 and 5 can be reversed, but cannot be trimmed.

Channel 3 is controlled by the rocker switch. Flipping the Ch-3 rocker switch will move the Ch-3 servo from full left throw to full right throw (or vice-versa, if you reverse the channel).

Channels 4 and 5 are both controlled by the 3-position switch next to the steering wheel.

Flipping the 3-position switch from the Up position to the Middle position will move the Ch-4 servo from full left throw to full right throw (or vice-versa).

Flipping the 3-position switch from the Middle position to the Down position will move the Ch-5 servo from full left throw to full right throw (or vice-versa).

In Traxxas vehicles, channel 3 controls reversing transmissions (Revo and T-Maxx) and the Summit's high/low transmission. Channels 4 and 5 control the Summits diff-locking servos.

Note that the Summit with the latest TQ 2.4GHz radio no longer has the additional Differential Locking Controller (DLC) component, which was previously required to allow the front and rear diff-locking servos to be operated by one channel. The new radio's "channel 4" is actually two channels (4 and 5), so the DLC is not required.

The extra channels can be used for lots of other functions. Rear-steer is one option that comes to mind. How about a drag-style parachute for your Bandit VXL? Or opening doors on a scaler? Servo travel can be adjusted by varying the length of the servo's output arm (selecting a linkage hole that's closer to the servo's output shaft reduces travel; holes farther from the shaft increase travel). If you have more servo travel than you need, use over-travel springs to take up the extra movement. Your LHS should have this Du-Bro setup in the airplane hardware section.

LOTS of possibilities!
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Racer
    ^^^

I remember reading that but....

It does not say that the extra channels can not be proportionally controled, just that they have no facility in the software to adjust the channels end points, Therefore servo thow.

RC Qualifier
    Tested this with the 3-Channel Model: 2239 Radio hoping to use the 4th channel as a light switch. Confirmed that this mod WILL NOT work with this model radio. I guess Traxxas decided to not callibrate or unlock this extra channel feature ... Boo Traxxas. May have to take this radio back and spend the money on a Spektrum... Anyone know if there is any way to unlock that 4th channel? There are the connections available on the circuit board but when a switch is soldered in, radio does not send a signal to the rX.

Quote Originally Posted by M3Roc
    Anyone know if there is any way to unlock that 4th channel?
    Nop, it's not a hardware lock, it's a software lock...

So, there's nothing you can do to fix that...

RC Qualifier
    There is a programming port at the bottom of the controller... Hmm wounder what kinda info I can get outta that.. Wounder if a JTAG cable will let me get some info from it... Anyone know how to do this kinda software peeking wanna help me try this?

RC Racer
    Just a clarification for me, please.
    The newer more recent radios are programmed with 4-5 channels?

I just purchased a black radio with red buttons off of ebay and am keeping my fingers crossed that it can be modded.

Wish me luck boys.

RC Racer
    I'm sure you can rest assured that the RED button radio should be 5 channel capable. Just go thru the menu to get to the channel modes and look for the 5 blinks as you go thru ch 1 -5. Let us know

RC Qualifier
    i have 2 of these radios, one is from a slash 4x4, 2 channel with yellow buttons, in the menu it only has 2 channels, i also ahve a 3 channel with red buttons from a t-maxx, limited to 3 channels in the programming.

RC Racer
    It seems the red or yellow button radios I've checked were made in the last 3- 6 months and were all 5 channel capable. They all came with Slash 4x4's.
    2 were red and 2 were yellow.

RC Racer
    I just got mine in the mail today and checked to see how many channels were programmed in. I got a max of 4 blinking lights. I'm probably doing something wrong.

In looking at the Menu Tree, does the light blinking really mean anything other than programming the transmitter?

I'm confused.
    Last edited by dkur4000; 04-24-2010 at 06:15 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by zrau17
    good job. now just out of curiosity, in the top picture all the way at the bottom you see the (battery -) and (battery +) labels, is that the spot to put leads on for rechargeable batteries?
    That's where the battery leads power the board, I believe.
    Last edited by dkur4000; 04-24-2010 at 06:00 PM.

RC Racer
    Does anyone know which channel is for the thumb switch?
    Is it the RSW or the ISW?

Thanks.

Hey Guys, any news about this? Just curious what's going on these days...

Are all the new TQ 2.4 Link radios programmed with only 2 channels???

Last edited by danielhr77; 05-04-2010 at 11:08 PM.

ok silly - stupid - greedy question:

Can the new 2.4ghz 4 channel radio be converted to an 8 channel?
    yall know I cant leave well enough alone.

(yes I did ask this before)
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

No, it's not possible...

RC Champion
    We need get in here. I gotta talk Traxxas into selling me their plugs and programming software. Ha ha.

RC Competitor

Thumbs up

This is awesome!! I have been trying like crazy to win a 3 or 4 channel radio on ebay for weeks now with no luck. I did however win a new 2 channel high output one for $16, $20 with shipping several weeks back. After reading this thread I grabbed my radio, and you guessed it! It gives me 5 blinks. It is a model 2238 / model 22383940. Looks like a trip to the shack is now on my agenda for today so I can grab a couple of switches. I AM SO HAPPY!! lol
    I also have a set of lights coming that I won on ebay. They plug into the receiver. I wonder how I turn them on and off with the transmitter?

Just search for "******* RECEIVER CONTROLLED switch" on Hobby King .com...