RC poster

TQi Telemetry Analysis of Media Exports - excel graphing and listing runs together

Hello fellow RC'ers!

I am currently enjoying my Traxxas TQi with iOS docking base (GPS, RPM, head temperature, and battery voltage sensors). This setup allows me to email media recordings of each run. I had a need to gather all my recorded runs in one place so that the data points could be reviewed and quickly plotted in a line graph.

This file also allows you to create one additional line of your own custom formula to further compare the data. In my file I left an example I was using to calculate acceleration slip when comparing GPS speed to calculated transmission speed from the flywheel RPM sensor. This allowed me to see where my wheels wheels were slipping or where my clutch was engaging. I have also learned exactly what speed my second gear is shifting at. When I shift I initially loose about 3-4mph (5-8km/h) per shift. So shifting the Jato at low speeds allows for a steady speed run. So far you can see in my example I have been able to prove that my setup can reach 60mph or 96km/h. I am very please with the telemetry and hardware in general. Thank you Traxxas!

I have emailed and asked Traxxas support to attach the excel file with my programmed macros to import, find, catalog, and delete run data. In this MS Excel 2003 file there is one work sheet with all the instructions on how to use it.

In the mean time please PM me and I will make every effort to email my file to you.

I am also open to suggestion of how to make this a better tool for you to use, so please post your suggestions below.

I am hoping this tool is as helpful to you on race day as it has been for me. All I am asking for in return is that I might see you guys using it at the tracks around here in the Niagara Region of Ontario, Canada.

--John Jones

PS to run a custom macro in Excel you must lower your Macro Security to "prompt" and then when re-opening the file please make sure to "enable" the macros in this file.

RC poster

The Excel File

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_2...ew?usp=sharing
    This is not supported by Traxxas - it was created by me

RC poster
    Just some bug fixes. If anyone has any suggestions or comments on this file, I'd like to hear about it. Thanks everyone.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_2...ew?usp=sharing