RC Racer

Traxxas 2.4 set up / Steering

I received my new 2.4 transmitter & receiver purchased off EBay. Is this a simple plug & play as it appears to be?

I'm now having some steering issues but I don't believe they are due to the new transmitter. In attempting to adjust the steering servos according to the manual. At one point it says to make sure the servo horns are parallel to the center line of the truck. I am unable to do this without somehow repositioning the servo cam. I can't get the teeth/grooves to line up to make parallel. The only way I can get my horns parallel is to run the steering trim at the 3 o'clock position.

Second steering issue; I don't have equal travel in both directions.

I just installed a few upgrades & had my truck down to a bare chassis so I have some tuning to do. I had to leave before I was finished yesterday to come the the in-laws, thought maybe I could get some help here before I get back home this afternoon.

RC Champion
    When I first got my truck, the left side steering servo's horn wouldn't sit parallel when the truck was powered on with 0 trim. The tooth alignment just wasn't right and the servos fought each other as a result.

I wound up swapping the servos from side to side, and that let them sit just right while powered on.

About the equal travel issue. Make sure you didn't over tighten your pillow balls in the axle carriers. I made that mistake when I first disassembled and reassembled them.
    E-Maxx 3905 - Rustler 3707 - Slash 5805

RC Racer
    Thanks orion I'll look in to that. I'm back home now with no wife or kids for 24 hours so I've got some time to tinker.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by phowler
    Thanks orion I'll look in to that. I'm back home now with no wife or kids for 24 hours so I've got some time to tinker.

DUDE! How did you pull that off??
    24 hrs.... NICE

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by choppermech11@m
    DUDE! How did you pull that off??
    24 hrs.... NICE
    Yea it's a rare occurrence. My wife's family is from a town 1.5 hours away, she wanted to spend another day there with the kids and told me to do whatever I wanted so we took two vehicles.

Anyway, a buddy came over and we got looking in to the issues I'm having. I may have had a couple of the pillow balls too tight.

I swapped servos but it made no difference as far as being able to get the horns parallel with trim at zero.

I have also installed the red Traxxas toe & drag links & it seems like I have to extend the toe links a lot. I'm gonna call Traxxas customer support this morning.

RC Champion
    On my stock toe links I have about 1/4th of an inch (or about 2mm) of threads showing on each end. I kinda wish they were a tad longer so I could have more metal inside the plastic horn. Makes me worry the plastic is gonna lose its threads from a semi-hard hit.

As far as the servo issue goes, unless someone else knows an easy solution then maybe you just have to take them apart and reseat the gears in a slightly different position. Other than that I don't know what to suggest for it.
    E-Maxx 3905 - Rustler 3707 - Slash 5805