RC Racer

Wheelie Bar wheels

I was wondering if the traxxas wheelie bar wheels are worth buying for 20 dollars. therye made of rubber and have bearings in them. do they not wear as quickly as the plastic stock wheels? I go through pairs of the stock wheels pretty quickly. also, do they ride wheelies better?
    maybe i could use some wheels for like a plane or somethin like that.
    summer + RC cars = great

RC Qualifier
    I bought my wheelie bar today and the plastic wheels seem to do fine. But i'm sure after a while the will get worn. Be the guinnea pig and test a pair and let us know lol. They sure look better than the stock plastic. I'll probally try a pair myself and see how they work. Either that or get out the minature paint brush and practice writing "TRAXXAS" on my plastic wheels lol. I'm sure they will improve it though.

RC Champion
    um...... you can get the rubber "tires" to slide over the plastic wheels. I have never lost one or had it come off at all... i didn't glue them or anthing.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPCA9&P=7

RC Competitor
    I think it's worth it if you got the extra 20 bucks. It's smoother on asphalt and looks way nicer. I would just skip the "tires" and get the whole thing tho. IMO if you're spending $7 why not just spend the $20?
    Rally VXL
    Sold-ERBE,Slash 4x4,MERV,mini Slash

RC Qualifier
    Winnipeg, Manitoba the Slurpee Capital of the World
    I got the blue aluminum wheels and they look MUCH better. The rubber is much grippier and they use bearings.
    if you dont break something go higher and faster

RC Qualifier
    Thats true and when you car comes to a hard stop form either direction, the wheelie wheels keeps spinnign. Its awesome.
    Ray00
    E–Revo │ E-Revo BE
    ITCHY THROTTLE FINGER!

RC Racer
    Sweet. But I think my LHS told me that they can break off sometimes. True? I might actually get these wheels.
    summer + RC cars = great

RC Champion
    I broke the wheelie bar arm. I also bent the screws that hold the wheels.
    I don't jump with the wheelie bar on anymore. lol

RC Qualifier
    The wheelie bar is a great accessory to have. I recommend going with the rubber tires/aluminum wheels since it looks much better. All in all, the concept is great because it allows you to maintain a wheelie for a good while and you won't damage your wing in the process. If you are going to be doing some serious jumps, you should remove the wheelie bar. Good Luck!
    FangsCPO
    "How fast was I going Officer?" Wow?

RC Racer
    Crap I was worried about that
    summer + RC cars = great

RC Qualifier
    The rubber ones work better and the wider the wheelie bar like the one Traxxas makes the more stable the truck while up on a wheel stand.