What Paint for white letter tires??

What paint are you guys using for white letter tires? Is it an actual "tire paint" or what???

Would white out work or no?

RC Champion
    I use a white paint pen from Michaels. It looks cool but wears off in a few runs.
    RC Addict #341777

I might try some white out just for the heck of it. I did find some white letter touch up paint pens by Duplicolor but they are $6 a pen.

RC Champion
    I used a Elmer's Painters Opaque white marker for the lettering. The fronts have held up good but the backs are pretty faded due to how much they balloon. Also been running in wet conditions. Here's what they look like new.
    Slash VXL
    Summit VXL
    they have to share for now

Quote Originally Posted by RByers8252
    I used a Elmer's Painters Opaque white marker for the lettering. The fronts have held up good but the backs are pretty faded due to how much they balloon. Also been running in wet conditions. Here's what they look like new.
    Those are the tires I saw that made me want to do it. I saw that pic here in another thread and was like "man that looks cool, I wanna try it on mine".

I do have a white paint marker I might try. I'm gonna try both the marker and white out and see what happens. That can be my "tomorrow project", it's supposed to be crappy and snowy tomorrow. I'll go out and take them off the truck clean them up a bit and pack it all in the house where it's warm

RC Champion
    I was about to just use white out and got lucky in the crafts section at walmart and found this. It said permanent on the pen so I figured it be worth a shot. Definately do them once. Let them dry and do it one more time to try and get the paint in all the cracks.
    Slash VXL
    Summit VXL
    they have to share for now

It would be cool if we could get white letter tires from the manufacturer. But then again they might not hold up either as much as these tires get all jacked out of shape when on the throttle real hard.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Try a motorcycle dealership; I bought a tire specific paint pen for a few bucks at my local Harley. I bought orange to do my tires on my Sportster, but decided against it later. I used it to do a set of tires on a set of Pro-Lines instead. Holding up good. Probably could use a second coat....

Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

I found a Markal brand white paint pen out in the garage. The tip was a little too big for the letters, so I let some of the paint run out onto a piece of card then used a brush. The first one turned out ok not great. It's drying out in the garage now. It's pretty cold out there so I may need to bring them in the house and let them warm up before painting the other ones.

RC Champion
    I saw someone in another forum use silver Sharpie.
    [_] |||||||| [_]

Well I got them done. 2 coats of paint.

From left to right. Slayer switches, Slash 2.2 Glads, and Rustler 2.2 Glads and Edge fronts.

Last edited by CarGuy7a; 01-28-2010 at 08:21 PM.