Ok I got my PE back in late December and I have had it on the track several times and I wanted to share my observations. I ran it in the stock configuration to get a feeling for how it runs. After bending a couple of rear axles I decided to make some changes. Regarding the stock springs, they are progressive but the transition between the soft and stiff parts seemed too abrupt. I prefer a more linear feel so at first I looked at adding Losi 1/8 buggy shocks, but then decided to try the stock big bores with some different springs. I am using Losi 2.5" blue in the rear with about 8mm of spacers. In front I tried the 2" blue Losi springs but they felt too soft, and the stiffer black springs are out-of-stock so I replaced them with Losi 2.5" green springs with no spacers. I moved the top mount in one hole for a more progressive setup. I changed out the stock oil and went slightly heavier all the way around (55wt in front and 45wt in the rear). I changed out the grease in the rear diff with silicone diff oil (2K) and changed the front diff oil to 15K. I am running the 100K oil in the center diff for now. The steering felt a little sluggish (for me) so I added a faster JR z9001S servo with 0.06 sec speed and 180oz of torque. Added the heavier black sway bars. I come from a 1/8 scale buggies/truggies background so I prefer a slightly heavier weight which feels more planted/stable to me and lots of torque so I went with a heavier Neu 1509 1.5Y motor and 17/54 gearing. Pro-line Split-Six wheels and M2 BowTie tires.
Losi 2.5" green springs on the front, no spacers.
Losi 2.5" blue in the rear, 8mm spacers.
JR Z9001S servo
TeknoNeu 1509 1.5Y 2400kv motor.