Thread: Slash 4X4 value

RC Champion

Slash 4X4 value

I have a slash 4X4 HCG that I bought my daughter over a year ago. It has had maybe 10 2S packs run in traing mode. Old 2-pole KH mount esc fan Split Six bead locks with Trenchers. I want to sell or trade for a stampede 4X4 as it is better suited for where she drives. Any idea what it is worth?
    just a basher

If it is in good shape and everything is functional, go 1/2 - 2/3 what a new one would cost.

Recommend converting it to a Pede, it would save you some money, and the hardest thing to get is the chassis. I went the other way with mine, it started out as a 4WD Pede and is now a Slash.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    By all means, I would just convert it to a pede via dollarhobbyz, or just install monster tires and a monster truck body and call it a day!
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Champion
    I agree. Just slap some 2.8" tires and wheels on it. Gear down to 11 tooth pinion. Raise the Slash body a little or get an Emaxx body. Done.
    Slash 4x4 Plat HCG. MIP X Dutys. ET-3S/ET-2400

RC Champion
    I completely forgot about doing a conversion. That is what I am going to do thanks everyone.
    just a basher

RC Champion
    Got everything I think I need ordered off dollarhobbyz and flea bay except tires and body. I told her about dying the chassis and she is so excited. I can't wait this will work soo much better. DON'T get me wrong the slash 4x4 is AWESOME I have my own and love it I just think this is better for her and where she runs her truck plus we can just go outside and bash instead of driving somewhere to find dirt.
    just a basher

Here is my thread on my Pede-to-Slash conversion, hopefully it will be helpful.

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...n-Build-Thread
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Quote Originally Posted by pro mod steve View Post
    I told her about dying the chassis and she is so excited.
    I have a daughter too and she wanted a pink chassis. I told her that you can always dye darker, but never lighter.We settled for a mid range purple. just a heads up bro.
    I race Associated, I bash Traxxas. 28 years in RC

RC Champion
    what all did you order?
    chassis
    battery hold down
    center shaft
    front body post
    body
    wheels tires

@ chassis dyeing:

Krylon Fusion paint works pretty well for plastic so long as you let it cure for seven days.
    It even comes in "Gloss Fairytale Pink"
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by skmfkr View Post
    what all did you order?
    chassis
    battery hold down
    center shaft
    front body post
    body
    wheels tires
    Yes to all. Going to use the stock take offs from my pede as I went straight to desparados and trenchers. Well minus body. going to get complete chassis done first. She picked a body already off flea bay but by the time its complete I know her choice will change so the body will be last.

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    @ chassis dyeing:

Krylon Fusion paint works pretty well for plastic so long as you let it cure for seven days.
    It even comes in "Gloss Fairytale Pink"
    Going the RIT dye route a this will be my third chassis to dye and the RIT method is killer. Did my slash 4X4 HCG almost a year ago and still looks perfect as far as color minus the scratches. Black of course.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 02-08-2015 at 11:52 AM. Reason: merge
    just a basher

Quote Originally Posted by pro mod steve View Post
    Going the RIT dye route a this will be my third chassis to dye and the RIT method is killer. Did my slash 4X4 HCG almost a year ago and still looks perfect as far as color minus the scratches. Black of course.
    Understood. I did mine straight from the box. Never even rolled it on the carpet. Also black.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Understood. I did mine straight from the box. Never even rolled it on the carpet. Also black.
    Exactly. Thats how I have done em all and when the NEW chassis gets here I will do this one too. The black chassis just looks soo much better IMO.
    just a basher

RC Champion
    Has anyone ever figured out why Traxxas chose to go with light gray instead of black? This is just my opinion, but I think the black makes it look less "toy-ish".
    Slash 4x4 Plat HCG. MIP X Dutys. ET-3S/ET-2400

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by matts175 View Post
    Has anyone ever figured out why Traxxas chose to go with light gray instead of black? This is just my opinion, but I think the black makes it look less "toy-ish".
    They just... do. Every other part is black though. It's a weird style thing they started a really long time ago and they just kind of stuck to it. I can't think of a practical reason to it outside of possibly making the coated screws mentioned black parts a little more visible.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by matts175 View Post
    At least the gray can be dyed although it involves complete disassemble. What's worse is including red wheels with the Platinum Edition. That ought to look sharp with my blue and yellow paint job . I even put off buying the PE for years because of that one little detail. [/end rant]

Go back to some old school threads and you'll see how for a while everyone was hating on the all black parts. Of course, before that was the white parts era. I suppose it's a cyclic thing.

RC Champion
    i really like all black parts. idk why the alum parts dont come in black. i sprayed painted my blue aluminum shock caps. ive thought about painting my shock tower and bulkhead.