RC Competitor

stampede wheel questions

I put my stock stampede vxl wheels on my 4x4 slash this morning. The ones that come with it---the rears stuck out a little bit more than the front, but it ran really well. It was fun--no more wheelies because of the tread, but hardly any flipping over. Nice drifting. My question is on the different offsets on the stock stampede. I would like the offset to be the same all the way around--is it the stock vxl rears that stick out further than the front? If so I would just buy 4 stock rears? Also, being that it is a 2.8 wheel what are the tire options. I have masher 2000s on my stampede and the stock vxl tires are much wider than the mashers. Are you pretty much restricted to the proline dirt hawgs on torqs for a 2.8 rim? I know the 2.0 rpm claws that fit on my stampede will not fit on the slash 4x4.

RC Qualifier
    there's always the badlands?
    I'm running those and they grip well on everything. Should have purchased a set for all my R/C's sooner.
    2 Slash 4x4's, B/L Rusty, and a Crawler

RC Competitor
    I run my Stampede fronts on the back and back on front there is very little difference in how far they stick out this way.
    Slash 4x4 RTR, CD, sway bars.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    You can mount just about any 2.2 tire on 2.8 wheels, although it is a pain in the butt:

Just stretch them on and glue really well. If using a trx wheel, you may have to cut the top of the sideways bead off to get them to seat correctly.
    Last edited by rag6; 01-23-2010 at 03:58 PM.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Also the electric front rims have the wider offset and look like the ones standing up in the pic.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6
    You can mount just about any 2.2 tire on 2.8 wheels, although it is a pain in the butt:

Just stretch them on and glue really well. If using a trx wheel, you may have to cut the top of the sideways bead off to get them to seat correctly.
    thats tight
    Paul
    Slash 4x4