Thread: New to this

RC poster

New to this

Hi everyone, I am new to the world of Nitro RC and getting my first truck on Friday. Any advice to help me along? Like what not to do, what they can handle and all that.

Which truck are you wanting to get. You would get the best results with more information.

I can tell you this though, read and re-read the instructions, espicially the break-in procedure. The better you do it, the engine will last longer and willbe more trouble free.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Racer
    he said he is new to nitro rc.this is elect summit.the do anything go anywhere rc. but no problem we can help as i have both nitro and elect rc. just let us know abit more about what your looking for.car truck. what type one that is fast or to climb rocks. as then we can give you the best information. traxxas are good rc yes if are are getting a nitro vehical,you most deffenatly need to do the break in correctly. like my slayer i had to do 5 tanks of fuel at diff speeds before it was rdy to rip
    smokeGR
    2summits 2villainEX slayer3.3

RC poster
    Im looking at a T-Maxx, 3.3 engine, racing exhaust, the works. Looking at more for jumps, wheelies, cyclones ya know that sorta thing.

RC Competitor

RC Qualifier
    Hi newby,If you're looking to jump dohnut etc,The T maxx or revo are for you.If you want a do it all truck (if a little slow)the summits for you.As for driving hints,You will break parts,its part of the hobby.Its wierd,but you have to learn how Not to crash,and learn what the truck can do.My trucks got RPM front and back,I beat the cr** out of it,My mates is all alu he's more gentle.There are other sites that are a little more relaxed than this one, just keep looking!lol