RC Qualifier

Tell me it's not true

I was just text by a friend of mine that Steve Slayer is running his 4x4 at a race at the track. Man this is awesome. I hope he is out there tearing it up. Testing new axles for traxxas. He most likely will be doing a pit pass for the 4x4 much like he did for the revo, can't wait.
    He is at Mike's Hobby Shop in Carrollton, TX (there is a track cam on the site) our local race track.. Man i wish i could be out there...Stupid party to go to.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-17-2010 at 12:25 PM.
    revo 2.5r - 3.3;12/29/09 Slash 4X4 in hand

RC Competitor
    Do you mean Steve Slayden? If they are testing new parts they should turn a 5 year old loose with it instead of a pro.

RC Qualifier
    Yes sorry, but totally agree about the 5yr old. they really need to test the durability of this truck. My budy was out there yesterday and he bent an axle every battery he ran.

RC poster

Thumbs up

Yes, he was at Mike's today. Sat right across the pit table from me. He's a real nice guy and freely shared all his set up procedures with anyone who wanted to know. He TQ'd the Slash 4X4 class.

RC Racer
    I also got wind that he would be at Indy R/C as well testing the new axle parts. I totaly disagree with the people testing the new parts. If you want anyone to test new parts get a pro. I have ran against Steve and Mike B. and although they make it look easy they are actually pretty hard on there rides. And as far as him being a cool guy he is a total trip to hang with. Besides Mike, he is the ONLY other national name I respect, and enjoying talking to.
    I am an R/C ADDICT!!

RC Qualifier
    Ya i met him along time ago when sr hobby was in richardson. Really nice guy and loves to help others

RC Racer
    I actually will be seeing alot of him this year. Well I should say I hope to se alot of him...Hopefully he will be on the Texas State Pro Seris racing. Just another chance to get made a fool of by a pro...LOL...
    I am an R/C ADDICT!!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. That really means a lot.

I have been testign the truck on various tracks and conditions to get setup info. I have a lot to tell. Check out the thread I started on setup. This will get you guys started on the right track and show you exactly what I am running. I will also answer questions in that thread.

Don't worry about the axles Traxxas is fixing the issue and will take care of anyone who has the problem. Hang in there. It is worth it . The truck is just sick with the right setup. You will be happy.