Thread: Carburetor

RC Racer

Carburetor

How hard is it to rebuild the carburetor on the 3.3????

RC Champion
    the first time for me was pretty easy
    RC RUNS IN MY BLOOD!

R
    E
    V
    O

It's fairly easy. Just look at the exploded views and make sure the orings are new and in good quality. It 'used to' be easier to just buy a new carb off ebay for $3.00 back when but now they are defentaly more pricey. Whats the primary reason for rebuilding?
    Learn by doing

RC Racer
    No matter what I do I can't get the truck to run under a load. I reset to factory HSN and LSN and it takes forever to get it to start. As soon as I put a load on it, it will die. I talked to my LHS and told them that and they said it sounds like the carb need either rebuilt or replaced. Keep in mind that I have adjusted the snott out of the carb. I usually have the HSN at around 2.5 turns just to get it started. THis is all with the truck inside my house nice and warm. So instead of replacing the carb I was thinking about rebuilding it and going through all the fuel lines and fuel tank too, just to be safe. I picked the truck up used from craigslist last weekend. I want to bash. Does what the LHS said sound right???

RC Racer
    My Revo did that and my carb body turned out to be cracked. I replaced the carb body and all is good.
    Thanks,
    Ernest M. Ellis ( REVO3.3 Addicted )

RC poster
    ive been having porblems with my carb to. it would move around so i tightened the nut on the motor and it stoped it from moving and now my carb sticks open. does mine need to be rebuilt to or is there a simple fix

RC Racer
    I even replaced the glow plug. After I did that I was finally able to get it to fire up. It just will not run under a load.

Check your clutch and spring. It could be that the spring is busted and once you give it gas the clutch engages trying to move the truck and that is causing your problems because the engine isn't properly spooled up before the clutch grabs.
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

Sounds like your HSN is to lean and the LSN is to rich to compensate for it try and reset to factory setting and retune. If you can't get it to start try and lean the LSN to get it started.

http://www.traxxas.com/support/kb_se...l&cat=0&id=450
    Last edited by fallonguy; 01-08-2010 at 02:18 PM.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by KhanVerse
    ive been having porblems with my carb to. it would move around so i tightened the nut on the motor and it stoped it from moving and now my carb sticks open. does mine need to be rebuilt to or is there a simple fix

I had this problem too; turned out that I had my carb over rotated, which caused the throttle arm to bind up against linkage. Turned it back and all was good.