RC Enthusiast

Will this power my slash?

My PE is arriving today but I don't have any batteries yet. The only other electric I have is my MERV. I have 2200 2s batts for that. If I use the parallel connector I have and strap the batts together can I use that in the Slash. It's now a 4400 2s which would power the slash just fine for the moment right? I would be getting 88 watts wouldn't I? Thanks.

RC Enthusiast
    It will, I did mine mine this way with 2 2000 lipos. Ran great for about 20 minutes.

RC Qualifier
    carefully. i'd check voltage before each run, and be conservative on how long you run it. if packs aren't matched in output (one older than other, one used more than other, ect ect) bad things can happen.

RC Champion
    Typically the C rating on the mini sized packs is not as high as the standard sized ones.

If its a 20C+ I would say it will work, anything under that and the VXL can demand more current than the battery can supply. 4400mah @10C is only 44amps continuous.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Competitor
    You must have the Trusty ********* 2200s

RC Enthusiast
    I'm not sure if the wattage number is correct, but if you have 4400 Mah on a 20c discharge rate, your battery can handle a motor that wants to draw 88 amps. The Velineon draws 65 Amps constant and 100 Amps peak, so you might not want to run all out all the time. If your batteries are rated for higher discharge rates (25C) and above, you should be fine. If the batteries come off hot or start to puff, you should not continue this setup and have likely diminished their lifespan.

Edited for Content
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-30-2009 at 03:05 PM.

When geared correctly, 30 amp batteries are fine. That's probably about what the stock nihms will do.

But as noted, careful monitoring of lower amp lipos is a must.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bpeltzer
    I'm not sure if the wattage number is correct, but if you have 4400 Mah on a 20c discharge rate, your battery can handle a motor that wants to draw 88 amps. The Velineon draws 65 Amps constant and 100 Amps peak, so you might not want to run all out all the time. If your batteries are rated for higher discharge rates (25C) and above, you should be fine. If the batteries come off hot or start to puff, you should not continue this setup and have likely diminished their lifespan.
    It doesnt draw 65amp constant....its capable of 65 amps continuous. You would be cooking nimh packs discharging them at 65 amps....
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-30-2009 at 03:05 PM.

RC Champion
    it probably draws no more than 85A burst under normal conditions. maintaining top speed is probably around 50A.

The only place you might see the 100A spike is on an E-Revo, E-Maxx etc; places where it doesn't belong.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dude
    it probably draws no more than 85A burst under normal conditions. maintaining top speed is probably around 50A.

The only place you might see the 100A spike is on an E-Revo, E-Maxx etc; places where it doesn't belong.
    Oh, you can see way more than that on those models.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl
    Oh, you can see way more than that on those models.

Absolutely! I've logged almost 140A burst on a CRT.5!

RC Champion
    yea, but the length of those bursts make them not worth mentioning.