Tuning a RC race car or truck is a science, or is it an art?, where I am a long way to master! It's a compromise game and it's time consuming.
I feel most of us can get nice shortcuts by asking more experienced hobbyists to share their experience. Yes, that's you. "Why and How" is what we are looking for.
The first questions (red for my short term needs) :
- How do you find the best gear ratio (For speed, thermal, durability, control)?
- How do you tune your damping system (Oil vs spring vs piston holes vs travel vs angles)?
- Tires. Every track (& track condition) requires the perfect tire match for ultimate fun... What is your tire tuning process? (Traction limits, durability, wheel choice, assembly (water proof vs venting holes? Can you glue a perfectly sealed tire? I find tire/wheel assembly particularly challenging.... Any tricks?).
- Wheel angles. Camber and Toe. The MERV seems to lack precision on that front. Anyone that played/tune long enough with 5 or more RC car, please provide feedback.
- ... feel free to complete.
Thanks for sharing your tricks. Time is such a precious thing.