RC Qualifier

Old slash rims. Will they fit?

I bought a slash 2x4 along time ago and the rims don't havetge same dimensions as the 4x4 or the current 2x4. Not sure how to explain it but the hight on all of the rims are the same on both sides. On the newer rims the side facing the chassis is taller than the other. What I am asking is will my old rims fit the 4x4 I would hate to bald those cool bf goodritch tires.

Thanks
    Alex.
    XO-1, E-Revo Dual 700-HO's, Slash 4x4, AX-10

RC Competitor

Slash Wheels

You must have the 2.2 inner and outter measurement wheels, where as the "new" wheels for the 2wd are 2.2 outter and 3.0 inner. The only tires that will fit on the Slash 4x4 are the rear wheels from the Slash 2wd because of the offset, the front wheels would stick out to far.
    Slash Pace Edition
    Slash 2wd, 4x4
    TEAM Terribles

RC Qualifier
    the offset difference was pretty minimal, you may notice it, but i believe it'd be the least of the concerns. the "will 2.2's fit" question i believe is still unanswered, and will define whether you get to use those wheels, or not.

the 4x4 slash may answer the question of why traxxas went to the different wheels in the first place?

RC Champion
    Jonmorehouse- Traxxas switched to the V2 wheels because after they released the slayer it was easier to just make one set of tires (2.2x3.0) instead of 2.2's and 2.2x3.0
    What shall I put here?

RC Qualifier
    So they will fit?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoroller13+
    Jonmorehouse- Traxxas switched to the V2 wheels because after they released the slayer it was easier to just make one set of tires (2.2x3.0) instead of 2.2's and 2.2x3.0
    that makes sense too. i knew that at one time

RC Qualifier
    Can the stock slash 4x4 hubs be replaced by the front hubs from the 2x4 slash to make 2.2s fit?

RC Champion
    The 4x4 front hub will have a big fat drive shaft going through it, unlike the 2wd No chance it will swap out. Well, I assume.
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

No. Unless you want to run 2wd. Because the 2wd does not have a front driveshaft.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Qualifier
    ok thanks guys.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jonmorehouse
    the offset difference was pretty minimal, you may notice it, but i believe it'd be the least of the concerns. the "will 2.2's fit" question i believe is still unanswered, and will define whether you get to use those wheels, or not.

the 4x4 slash may answer the question of why traxxas went to the different wheels in the first place?

I have heard the 2.2 does NOT fit the 4x4. Sorry
    Slash, Slash 4x4, T-Maxx 3.3, E-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    You will definately need a 2.2/3.0 rim... there are quite a few out there to choose from nowadays...

I recently ran the stock 2wd rims on my 4x4 and while its not exact its close... the offset for the 4x4 is the REAR rims of the 2wd... so in reality you just need 2 sets of rear 2wd rims to be equal offsets on the 4x4... hope that helps!
    The Bashing Grounds
    Ross M.
    5-Pointer!

RC Racer
    The differance in the 2wd wheels are the fronts have an 1/8th more of an inch of back spacing, meaning the front wheel sits further tucked in. I dont know why they did this? should have just made the hexes the same size!
    I dont have my 4x4 yet but i will experiment with the stocks and some narrow revolvers i have

RC Qualifier
    Heres some more information as to offsets and hex sizes:
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=501982
    The Bashing Grounds
    Ross M.
    5-Pointer!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by cableman
    The differance in the 2wd wheels are the fronts have an 1/8th more of an inch of back spacing, meaning the front wheel sits further tucked in. I dont know why they did this? should have just made the hexes the same size!
    I dont have my 4x4 yet but i will experiment with the stocks and some narrow revolvers i have
    I hate when i give faulty information the fronts have 1/8th" less back spacing making them stick out further then the rears! guess thats why the hexes are differant also.