RC poster

Slash 4x4 full XO-1 drivetraim with protrac

Hi, I am new to posting on forums, but have been talking with a rc veteran, thedreadedend about an idea I had. I own a slash 4x4 with the proline protrac kit and have had a hard time figuring out a durable axle solution as I run 4s lipo. My idea is to buy all 4 xo1 axles and the aluminium hun carriers. The only problem is that the protrac arms are to long for stock axles. Since I had tons of traxxas 2wd parts, I've seen that some parts correlate with the slash 4x4. Mainly, I noticed that rustler rear a-arms are the same length as slash 4x4 arms. Whats wierd about that is they use different length driveshafts. Hmmm. So I thought about using rustler half shaft and installimg it in place of the shorter xo1 half shaft. My goal is to have a slash 4x4 with bulletproof axles, and the 6mm xo1s are they way to go.
    I also had an idea to narrow my trackwidth a little as it would be to wide to race legally if I converted it to a backslash again. My thought was that the xo1 hex uses a grub pin like on your axles, unlike a normal pin that just slides on and then your hex, the xo1's have a pin that goes through the hex. I noticed that my emaxx also uses 6mm axles and i thought that they would fit as they have a slightly smaller offset than the xo1s. They would bring my trackwidth to a legal width while still having 17mm hexs. I plan on using de racing 17mm sc rims and my flo-tec body. If you have any suggestions please follow and comment

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Im back lol been a while sinse i seen this screen but heck.....you pulled me in!!
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

Welcome to the Traxxas forums!

I use the ProTrac arms with MIP X-Duty CVDs. I had to use MIP's Rustler bones to work...just like ProLine says:

**While the stock axles will work with the ProTrac™ Suspension Kit, some customers may want a heavy duty CVD option for their truck (for Racing or Extreme Bashing purposes). The following MIP option has been confirmed to work with the kit:
    MIP #11104 X-Duty CVD Kit (2 Required for Front and Rear)
    MIP #10133 X-Duty Front Axle (2 Required for Front Left and Front Right)

Additional note: If you already own X-Duty CVDs for the Slash®/Stampede® 4x4, you can use MIP #11105 Male bones to convert your drives to the new length. Axles can then be skipped in this case.

If you're racing, you may not want the weight of the X-Duty.

I don't know if the X0-1 half shafts can be swapped out with the Rustler one's like the MIPs.

Please keep us posted! Good luck!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post

I use the ProTrac arms with MIP X-Duty CVDs. I had to use MIP's Rustler bones to work...just like ProLine says:

**While the stock axles will work with the ProTrac™ Suspension Kit, some customers may want a heavy duty CVD option for their truck (for Racing or Extreme Bashing purposes). The following MIP option has been confirmed to work with the kit:

Additional note: If you already own X-Duty CVDs for the Slash®/Stampede® 4x4, you can use MIP #11105 Male bones to convert your drives to the new length. Axles can then be skipped in this case.

I don't know if the X0-1 half shafts can be swapped out with the Rustler one's like the MIPs.

I would be floored if they didnt. Ive combined xo1 to sl4sh cvd shafts and i dont think trx would have a seperate line for rusty/pede......trx is the most cross modle compatible out there" thank god lol.

You are on the right track. Yes the rustler male shaft #tra6752 are what you need to fit the protrac arms. And I'm not sure about legel with but the emaxx and revo 17mm hubs do fit perfectly on the xo1 stubs.
    Last edited by RadReptiles831; 02-16-2017 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RadReptiles831 View Post
    You are on the right track. Yes the rustler male shaft #tra6752 are what you need to fit the protrac arms. And I'm not sure about legel with but the emaxx and revo 17mm hubs do fit perfectly on the xo1 stubs.
    Thanks for the info we are coming in well informed!!! I created the hybrid shaft mod and the protrac wide mod on rally/sl4sh 3 years ago lol
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 02-16-2017 at 11:52 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RadReptiles831 View Post
    How wide is it from hex to hex?

Sorry bud. I sold the truck with the emaxx 17mm hubs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post

I had the x-duties on my pede 4x4, but didnt like them. They are too heavy and clunky, and they dont allow for the 6mm axles like the xo1s

RC Qualifier
    I have Xo1 running gear from the diffs to the wheels on my slash. So far no problems. I run the 2650 motor on 3s. I don't have a 4s or the protrac arms.

RC poster
    The protrac arms widen it so that my trusmck will be wider with the 17mm conversion. Without protrac the 17mm conversion makes your truck narrower than the stock rims.

Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    Im back lol been a while sinse i seen this screen but heck.....you pulled me in!!
    Nice to have you back on the forum! It has definitely been awhile since you have been here! We all look forward to hearing from you
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Enthusiast
    I can't find this info but..
    Are the X01 axles the same as the slash (splined) axles except for the thicker stubs?
    I just upgraded my power system and finding the weeks spots. So for it seems to be stubs and bearings. so looking at x01 carriers and stubs I think.