RC poster

Center diff #7014 oil leak

Me and my friends are racing with the e-revo vxl 1/16 on carpet and all of us bought the center diff so the front wheels are in the ground. The center diff works very good but for all of us itīs leaking oil. We have tried everything but still they all leak. Anyone else has this problem and know how to fix it?
    I hope someone soon make a better alu diff that can be filled with oil and then not leak at all.
    To be able to see if the diff is leaking you must take it out of the gearbox. I can only run 1 battery and then itīs empty now, i feel it during acceleration most.
    Hope somone can help out.
    Greetz from Sweden //Bommen

RC Qualifier
    Mine leaked while still in the package.I took it apart and replaced the o rings and put 50K oil in it

RC Qualifier
    100k diff fluid and maybe seal around the diff edges with silicone sealent
    Dye-no-mite Pow-er Go Fast, Wirrrrr Screeeech BOOM

RC Qualifier
    I though I was the only one. Mine leaked the 1st few runs and blew the oring as well. I'll try the sealant next time I use the CD.
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Racer
    It shouldn't be leaking if it's brand new! Contract Traxxas and see what's up.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchD
    Mine leaked while still in the package.I took it apart and replaced the o rings and put 50K oil in it
    WHERE did you get replacement o-rings for the CENTER diff?!

t

RC Qualifier
    I used the kit for the front/rear diffs.The kit has the 2 small orings and the 2 large orings.You throw away the 2 plates and screws

RC Champion
    I wouldn't throw away the plates and screws... I'd rather keepthem as spares in case the f/r diffs gave out because of them.. It's always better to be prepared

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchD
    I used the kit for the front/rear diffs.The kit has the 2 small orings and the 2 large orings.You throw away the 2 plates and screws
    Interesting. The last time I had it apart I thought the big o-ring would work but that the other one wouldn't. I'll check again and verify.

t