RC Competitor

summit body /bumpers on revo 3.3

Hi all.
    I am thinking about doing a revo to summit conversion. Just want to make my first generation REVO 3.3 look like the Summit by adding the body, bumpers, lights and tire/wheels. I have checked the exploded digrams and I think all I need to do is add the summit body posts and 17mm hex adapters to my list of parts to buy. Can anyone tell me how the lights are powered and activated. I hope to just add a receiver 4AA battery holder and run it off of there. I plan on mainily using this set up as a display. When I do run it I think I will just get it running then put the body on. And remove the body to refuel. I might also just try to get extended rear posts and cut the ez start hole (does anyone know who makes one?).
    Am I missing anything. I like the looks of the Summit but cant justify shelling out the cash for a complete truck.

Thanks,
    Jim

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsip1071
    Hi all.
    I am thinking about doing a revo to summit conversion. Just want to make my first generation REVO 3.3 look like the Summit by adding the body, bumpers, lights and tire/wheels. I have checked the exploded digrams and I think all I need to do is add the summit body posts and 17mm hex adapters to my list of parts to buy. Can anyone tell me how the lights are powered and activated. I hope to just add a receiver 4AA battery holder and run it off of there. I plan on mainily using this set up as a display. When I do run it I think I will just get it running then put the body on. And remove the body to refuel. I might also just try to get extended rear posts and cut the ez start hole (does anyone know who makes one?).
    Am I missing anything. I like the looks of the Summit but cant justify shelling out the cash for a complete truck.

Thanks,
    Jim
    go for the complete truck, its well worth it. a nitro summit would be basically useless(not trying to bash nitro's),
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

Can anyone tell me how the lights are powered and activated. I hope to just add a receiver 4AA battery holder and run it off of there.
    Yes, that's how it works, you can power the lights from the receiver if you are using a 6 volt pack or 4AA alkaline batteries... On the Summit the lights are connected to the T-Lock controller, but you don't need that here...

He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Racer
    Well the stock tires will shred sooner or later for you, unless you go entirely in grass or sand. They are of very soft and thin rubber made more for slow climbing. They balloon at medium speed.
    You might take a look at 40size mashers, Big joes or Moabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_R
    Well the stock tires will shred sooner or later for you, unless you go entirely in grass or sand. They are of very soft and thin rubber made more for slow climbing. They balloon at medium speed.
    You might take a look at 40size mashers, Big joes or Moabs.
    i agree my canyons are gettin shredded from promatch 5000 nimh's and i don't bash much mostly crawlin these tires are great for crawlin but bashin takes it's toll pretty quick
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    Can anyone tell me how the lights are powered and activated. I hope to just add a receiver 4AA battery holder and run it off of there.
    I think you could plug it to a empty channel or hook it up anywhere you have signal plus and ground from any servo. I bow to superior knowledge on this

RC Qualifier
    You could connect it to an empty channel w/ an adapter.
    SLASH IS FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Champion
    i think pro line make extened body posts that have a hole in them for the ez start
    if your not breaking anything get more air

RC Racer
    Have you done it yet mate I'm thinking the same thing minus the wheels and tires I heard ther only rated to 40mph. I'm looking for truggy style tires hopfully badlands because my standard maxx tires bog the truck in long grass well it did on the old engine now i ha e a brand new rt break in so it might not bog now but still thinner tires will be much better I'm sure.

I think the summit shell looks sweet and I know it will fit with my rcs cage plus have the summit cage but thats not for definite since the extra weight.

Might be a while before you get a response...
    the post is 3 years old and the OP has not been on since December of 2010.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.