Thread: First run

RC Racer

First run

First run with the new motor/esc. Geared 21/54. 54 mph. Runs sweet. The 2.8 tires ballooned, and I have them taped. So far couldn't be happier.

RC Qualifier
    Very nice!
    Have Fun and Drive Recklessly

Looks great. It's a real blast flying down the road at 55mph. I haven't done any speed runs in a while and it is making my trigger finger itch. It looks like you have the Castle 2650kv in there, and if it is we are running the exact same system (same esc) and it's a beast. I was screwing around in the yard yesterday and driving like a nut and I realized I can make my slash do backflips in the grass. That was a shocker since my truck is a heavy pig.
    Last edited by Silly Old Boy; 07-08-2016 at 10:40 AM.

The 2650 is a beast. Put a 6s in there and my car can do 85.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Racer
    I'm tempted to order a 4s. But I think that will blow the tires off the rims. GOOD TIMES... yes the motor is a 2650.
    Last edited by davew; 07-08-2016 at 11:17 AM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly Old Boy View Post
    Looks great. It's a real blast flying down the road at 55mph. I haven't done any speed runs in a while and it is making my trigger finger itch. It looks like you have the Castle 2650kv in there, and if it is we are running the exact same system (same esc) and it's a beast. I was screwing around in the yard yesterday and driving like a nut and I realized I can make my slash do backflips in the grass. That was a shocker since my truck is a heavy pig.
    I'm curious what gears your running and if you changed any settings on the esc. I haven't tried back flips yet. I've had bad experiences with those. I found out my Erbe could do them so l was trying to show off to the wife with a few back flips and I stripped the front diff. She thought it was really funny that I broke it.
    Last edited by davew; 07-08-2016 at 12:55 PM.

RC Racer
    What esc is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Slashvxl27 View Post
    What esc is that?
    I believe it is a Hobbywing WP SC8

Quote Originally Posted by davew View Post
    I'm curious what gears your running and if you changed any settings on the esc. I haven't tried back flips yet. I've had bad experiences with those. I found out my Erbe could do them so l was trying to show off to the wife with a few back flips and I stripped the front diff. She thought it was really funny that I broke it.
    I think I am running 54/18. Too bad I didn't see this a few hours ago because I could have checked when I had it all torn apart to fix the damage I did when I was doing backflips. LOL.

My battery was close to cutoff when I started doing the backflips and it seemed like something wasn't quite right when I stopped running yesterday. I took it out today and it wouldn't move in the grass but drove fine on the patio. I tore it down and found out I ruined my slipper clutch. It had no grip left and I could make it slip just by turning it in my hand even when it was fully tightened down. This is the first time I ever had a problem with a slipper. I am kind of shocked too because I have a upgraded slipper with Revo parts and aluminum pads. I think my rear diff is going bad now too but I don't have any spares here so that will have to wait till the parts come in. No more backflips for me.

Quote Originally Posted by davew View Post
    I'm tempted to order a 4s. But I think that will blow the tires off the rims. GOOD TIMES... yes the motor is a 2650.
    i can't keep the tires glued for more than a couple of packs with a 2200kv on 3s. i'd be ridin' on rims with 4s lol.
    sl4sh 2200 / p4de 2400

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdog View Post
    The 2650 is a beast. Put a 6s in there and my car can do 85.
    How? Cc 2650 can only handle 4s. what motor are you running?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

The castle 2650. It will survive an occasional 6s run. I did eventually upgrade to the poseidon 2650.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Qualifier
    davew where did you get that speed meter? I'm trying to find one badly?

Quote Originally Posted by nappent View Post
    How? Cc 2650 can only handle 4s. what motor are you running?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    I've run 6s thru my 2650 castle several times without ant trouble, just watch the temps.
    I will be getting a 2650 Poseidon like Jimdog but haven't had much time to run my rigs so far this summer.
    i can't keep the tires glued for more than a couple of packs with a 2200kv on 3s. i'd be ridin' on rims with 4s lol.
    Must have that thing geared down quite a bit, my 2200kv feels pretty sluggish on 3s.
    Could be because the 2650 runs like a beast on 3s the difference is so notifiable, the 2200 needs 4s just to come to life.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NOFTCHX View Post
    davew where did you get that speed meter? I'm trying to find one badly?
    http://www.horizonhobby.com/product/...-meter-dyn4401

RC Racer
    I got this one off amazon.It's kinda cheap, I wouldn't highly recommend it. Costs around $60.

Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    Must have that thing geared down quite a bit, my 2200kv feels pretty sluggish on 3s.
    Could be because the 2650 runs like a beast on 3s the difference is so notifiable, the 2200 needs 4s just to come to life.
    i run it with a 24/50 which i believe was as big a pinion as i could fit.
    sl4sh 2200 / p4de 2400

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHildo View Post
    i run it with a 24/50 which i believe was as big a pinion as i could fit.
    I think you could fit a 25 in there with a 50t spur If I remember correctly.
    My 2200kv is in my PF-8 running 27/34 and I had to do some motor mount and plate cutting but still have all the screws in it.
    I have a new top mount but only have it mocked up on a plastic mount right now, the stock motor plate is to the point I'm concerned about it busting lose on a hard 6s pull.
    Once I get this mounted to my new motor mount gearing wont be a problem anymore.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    You can see by this pic there isn't much meat left for any more room here for adjusting.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The more I think about it I believe I did have a 45 tooth spur when I was running a 25 tooth pinion
    Last edited by billy-bones; 07-10-2016 at 01:03 PM.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.