RC Racer

How do I get more suspension droop?

Hi,

So I'm trying to turn my slash into a trophy truck raptor type of thing (but without the solid axle), and as a part of it, I'm trying to get more suspension droop, and a softer setup. Does anyone know how I could get more droop, without extended arms?
    And just to make things clear, I'm looking for more DROOP. Not ground clearance.
    Any advice is appreciated!

I was thinking of replacing the current shock shafts with longer ones, however I don't know where to find the right ones.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-11-2016 at 06:48 AM. Reason: merge

RC Enthusiast
    You can just adjust the shocks. Put the top towards the inner most hole and the bottoms toward the furthest hole from the body. Doing that with stock shocks gets pretty close to the ground.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Sorry, I only realised it now but I didn't really word that correctly! What I mean is that when the truck is suspended in the air, the wheels hang down a lot. I don't mean that I want to lower the ground clearance.

Shock position and length control droop. Also the limiters inside the shock. The more in you attach them on the arms, the more droop you will have. It will also make the spring rate softer, so that will help in that dept. also.

Rear shocks have a couple of limiters you can remove. They're already pretty long so stock shocks should work well.

You'll need longer shocks in the front. There's not much space in the front to fit a longer shock without it bottoming out under compression, you can maybe fit something 10mm longer than stock. Or you can get a taller shock tower to fit even longer shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashvxl27 View Post
    I was thinking of replacing the current shock shafts with longer ones, however I don't know where to find the right ones.
    What shocks do you have on right now?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-11-2016 at 06:48 AM. Reason: merge
    RC blog: reviews & tips
    http://razorrc.tumblr.com

RC Racer
    Thanks, I have the ultra shocks.

RC Qualifier
    unscrew the bottom plastic eyes on the shock shaft a couple full turns. (will extend length and "droop")
    Be sure not to scratch the shock shafts. Hold them with good pliers and a rag to protect the shock shaft.
    Be sure both shocks are the exact same extended length if you are racing.
    Losi SCTE shocks are a little longer. And better.
    Moving the upper and lower mounts in will be MUCH softer (weaker) and give you more droop
    Last edited by CaptCarnage; 07-10-2016 at 07:43 PM.