RC Enthusiast

battery ballanced chassis?

Not to start a debate or anything, but i reading the info on the chassis and it is supposed to be balanced on left and right. balanced using what battery? Lipo is light so would this throw off balance? If balanced according to included battery, can i get the weight of included battery?
    thanks mike

RC Qualifier
    well the pics show it with the stock 7 cell so i would assume they meant that, but thats just speculation..

thats the one thing ive been wondering as well, if i drop a 2s lipo in it, will it still be balanced?

RC Qualifier
    if the truck is that balanced, if you were wanting to run lipo, Just weigh the included battery, and your lipo separately. Subtract the two to get the difference, then add that much weight to the the battery side using lead weights.

RC Champion
    I don't see that as a major concern. This new Slash 4x4 shares a pretty common drivetrain/battery layout with many of the affordable 1/10 scale 4x4 buggies, as well as some of the latest brushless powered 1/8 scale buggies and truggies, and I never heard anyone complain about bad handling due to the balance. Adding weight to keep the balance would seem to have it's own negitives. Weaker acceleration, braking, and shorter run times, with a lower top speed.
    You have a rodent infestation. Shall I terminate?

RC Enthusiast
    as you can tell im newish and unsure, but thanks for the clarification guys.

Shelbyvnt hit the nail on the head. most 1/8 buggies are setup that way, and they are all well balanced.

also keep in mind that when you drop in that neu/castle sized motor, it'll weigh almost 2x what the velineon does. an with that, a 4-6S lipo with 5K mah and higher will counter balance that... not to mention how much larger the monster mamba escs and hobbywing 150's and tekins are than the vxl-3S.

i can't wait till this thing is released.
    I race Associated, I bash Traxxas. 28 years in RC