RC Racer

Slash 4x4 + Stampede wheels = cheap monster truck!

What do you think?
    - Slash 4x4
    - Stampede wheels on all corners
    - Cut the body to have the the wheels outside of the body

Could this be a cheap monstr truck, it would be a ~$450 4WD BL 2.4GHz MT.

I think I'm gonna try!
    Slash 4x4 PE
    Summit

RC Champion
    body may look funny.
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit
    body may look funny.
    not if you put a emaxx body on it
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I think there's gonna be a lot of these projects. Can a factory 4WD Stampede be far behind?
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

What you'll need are Rustler rear A-arms all around. Wheels using the same offset as the stampede or rustlers rear. Raise the suspension. Get an MT body from like a Revo or T-maxx. Bam an 4wd waterproof extended Stampede.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0
    What you'll need are Rustler rear A-arms all around. Wheels using the same offset as the stampede or rustlers rear. Raise the suspension. Get an MT body from like a Revo or T-maxx. Bam an 4wd waterproof extended Stampede.
    Wouldn't even need to do that much, the arms look like rear E-Rusty/Pede arms already, I'd play around with front vs rear offset rims to see what worked best, then a .15/2.5 Maxx sized body then all will be good

RC Qualifier
    I did that last year with my 4x2 slash. It was a great improvement over stock wheels/tires for handling. Made it look pretty good too.
    P4d4 & Sl4sh

RC Champion
    Not knocking the 4x4 slash at all but haven't you heard of the e-maxx?? As cheap as 350 some places with all you need. No it doesn't have the 2.4ghz or brushless but it's one heck of a truck stock. Just my opinion I wouldn't put that money into the slash 4x4 if that was your goal.
    Slash VXL
    Summit VXL
    they have to share for now

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RByers8252
    Not knocking the 4x4 slash at all but haven't you heard of the e-maxx?? As cheap as 350 some places with all you need. No it doesn't have the 2.4ghz or brushless but it's one heck of a truck stock. Just my opinion I wouldn't put that money into the slash 4x4 if that was your goal.
    I have an e-maxx and while it was stock i broke something , like the schock towers etc.. and besided the slash is soo much tougher in my oppinoun . Plus it has the brushless and a 2.4 and a battery and a charger.. not a good deal?
    http://www.rcdirectonline.com/ Best site

RC Champion
    Not really trying to argue. Both trucks are their own and good at what they do but the vxl. Yeahs it's pretty good but here's why I don't like monster truck slashs. Not a lot of clearance, not as tough as suspension (stock that is even the new one adjustable shocks only make so much of a difference), 2.4 no offense but that's all it is. No fine tuning and adjusting I'd expect for a 2.4gjz receiver, the bodies look weird on the slash. Being able to see the entire chassis inside the wheel wells does not appeal to me. No a stock maxx will not out run the slash or slash 4x4 but it's not meant for that. Monster trucks are not. Maybe looking in to a truggy would be a lot more suitable but I love the slashs for what they are made to do. Race hard and bash hard and do it again and again and again.
    Slash VXL
    Summit VXL
    they have to share for now

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Race hard and bash hard and do it again and again and again.
    Words to live by!!
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Racer
    The pede is the pede. Chaotic and fun. Nothing replaces the 2wd pede
    ******* LiPo POWER!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXXXMASHER
    I think there's gonna be a lot of these projects. Can a factory 4WD Stampede be far behind?
    I wish that was the case. How awesome would that be though? And Traxxas could keep the skinny chassis, just run the shaft under the battery bay and push the steering servo to one side. (maybe the Stampede would get bell crank steering!) Wheelbase might have to be stretched a bit to allow the new motor configuration, but the Stampede could use a bit of a boost in that department.

At any rate, the 4wd Slash is quite the looker. It may seem like an "ordinary" Slash on the outside, but lift the shell and it's a whole different ball game underneath.
    Traxxas: Stampede, E Maxx
    Losi: Muggy

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SavagePede
    ...And Traxxas could keep the skinny chassis, just run the shaft under the battery bay and push the steering servo to one side. (maybe the Stampede would get bell crank steering!) ....
    Well, maybe a little wider for some of the lipos out there.
    ------
    hmmm, I've never seen it spelled that way.

RC Racer
    I already have a E-Maxx BL 2.4GHz, it was just a fun idea.
    Slash 4x4 PE
    Summit

RC Qualifier
    i would rather have a slash monster truck.. i dont like two motors, two batteries,double a arms, double shocks etc.. single is cheaper

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxas4fun
    i would rather have a slash monster truck.. i dont like two motors, two batteries,double a arms, double shocks etc.. single is cheaper
    Yup, discovered that with my E-Revo.