Transmitter Adjustments for the electronic speed control
Before attempting to program your ESC, it is important to make
sure your TQ transmitter is properly adjusted (set back to the factory
defaults). Otherwise, you may not get the best performance from your
The transmitter should be adjusted as follows:
1. Set the throttle neutral switch to the 50/50 setting. This adjusts
the transmitter’s throttle trigger throw to 50% for throttle and
50% for braking and reverse.
2. Set the throttle trim control to the middle “0” setting.
3. Set the Channel 2 servo reversing switch to the left position. Do
not change the position of any of the servo reversing switches
after programming the ESC.
4. You are now ready to program your speed control.
Setup Programming (Calibrating your ESC and transmitter)
Read through all of the following programming steps before you
begin. If you get lost during programming or receive unexpected
results, simply unplug the battery, wait a few seconds, plug the battery
back in, and start over.
1. Disconnect each of the motor wires between the ESC and the
motor. This is a precaution to prevent runaway when the speed
control is turned on before it is programmed.
2. Connect a fully charged battery pack to the ESC.
3. Turn on the transmitter (with the throttle at neutral).
4. Press and hold the EZ-Set button (A). The LED
will first turn green and then red. Release the
5. When the LED blinks RED ONCE.
Pull the throttle trigger to the
full throttle position and hold it
6. When the LED blinks RED TWICE.
Push the throttle trigger to the
full reverse and hold it there (C).
7. When the LED starts flashing GREEN,
programming is complete. After the throttle is
returned to neutral, the LED will then shine solid
green or red (depending on the low-voltage
detection setting, see note below) indicating the
VXL-3m is on and at neutral (D).