RC Qualifier

Throttle Cable On Razor E100

why does my razor electric scooter have a throttle cable with 4 cables in it? i want to get rid of that box that makes it go slow and makes the motor only go when you push it. but i cant figure this out..
    3sLipo / VXLSlash

PLZ PM Gearing For Gladiatorz

RC Champion
    Youll have to change the speed control. You'll want a throttle cable of some sort or a kill switch built into the break handle.

RC Qualifier
    its a single speed throttle. i want to know what ones i use because theres 4 not 2 like a regular switch
    Last edited by fiero; 08-19-2009 at 10:59 PM.
    3sLipo / VXLSlash

RC Qualifier
    oh by cables i mean like wires. not like a brake line. can anyone help me out on why theres 4 wires for one switch? its not a variable thottle either.
    3sLipo / VXLSlash

If you don't care about variable speed you could always just go to radioshack or better yet an electrical supply store, pick up a heavy duty switch (high amperage, can't really say on the number but I'd say shoot for 100 just for the heck of it. Then, all you need to do is take the negative from the battery and hard wire that directly to the motor's negative side, then take your positive, run it up to one side of the switch, and run another why from the OTHER side directly to the motor. That way you will get all the speed you can out of the thing.

A little note- Add two switches as a fail safe measure or even just some sort of easily accessible plug just in case, so you always have some way of cutting power.

Also, when I say switch that could be a button if you prefer, just anything to control power on and off.

If you want to get really creative wire in an R/C pack in series with the other pack but off of it's own switch so when you feel the need for more speed you can have "NOS" button.
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

RC Qualifier
    yea. i was thinking of doing a nos button but you guys wont answer my question! why is there 4 wires for one switch?!
    3sLipo / VXLSlash

Maybe it's 2 in and 2 out, both positive and negative are run through the switch instead of just one, who knows. But it really doesn't matter what's there now if you are just going to change it anyway.
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    One is 5-12V. One goes to the relay in the controller, one goes to the timer circuit and one is the safety from the brake. The E100 works with a rather simple timed circuit which turns on and off a relay that sends power to the motor. Modifying the throttle button will not make it faster. You will need to modify the timing circuit so it is always on. The easiest way will be to hard wire it as streetdemon suggested above.

No matter what you do you will always have to push start the E100 or you run the risk of frying the motor, battery and wiring as it does not have the power to get you moving
    I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

RC Qualifier
    well. i ran the motor with the speed controller and then i ran the battery straight to the motor and it was louder, and took longer to slow down. so...yea i might just get a traxxas connector and wire it to the motor connectors. and have more power that way.
    3sLipo / VXLSlash

RC Qualifier
    well. i made my own +5 kit and i think my scooter and battery need a charge before i use it again
    3sLipo / VXLSlash