RC Racer

Best Front Bumper? Stock VS RPM VS Proline?

I'm building a Slash from scratch and need a front bumper. Stock one is ~$8 and the RPM and Proline ones are ~$10 so price is not really a factor. I hear good things about the RPM bumper but I am a bit concerned that it doesn't have the upper brace that the other 2 do. This will be used on a Traxxas LCG chassis for bashing/light track use. Just trying to decide which one I should go with...

Stock:

RPM:

Proline:

RC Qualifier
    broke my stock one in 3 months, Rpm has a few scratches from 20ft hits on skate park ramps. Rpm has held up very well for over a year now. I haven't used a proline number as of yet.
    "Jedi Master"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rcdriver View Post
    I'm building a Slash from scratch and need a front bumper. Stock one is ~$8 and the RPM and Proline ones are ~$10 so price is not really a factor. I hear good things about the RPM bumper but I am a bit concerned that it doesn't have the upper brace that the other 2 do. This will be used on a Traxxas LCG chassis for bashing/light track use. Just trying to decide which one I should go with...

Stock:

RPM:

Proline:
    The RPM is nice, but you'll want to shim the area on the diff case where the upper bracket would normally mount. However, I recommend the RPM bulkhead with either the Traxxas or the new TBone SC bumper.

RC Racer
    My stock bumper has survived the whole life of my slash. It's probably the only thing I haven't changed. Honestly the stocker does just fine. However, I have the RPM bumper on my other slash, and it works just fine too. It's really a matter of personal preference towards what you think looks better.
    Just 1 mph more!

RC Competitor
    i have gone through 1 stock, 2 RPM and now im using the proline. The other ones broke because of some really hard hits. Ive had the proline for a week or so now. Ill keep you posted on how long it lasts.

RC poster
    Anybody have the rpm wide bumper on a slash 2wd?

RC Racer
    I went ahead and ordered the RPM.. I actually like the look of the stock bumper too but I figured that for pretty much the same price I may as well get an "upgraded" part.

RC Qualifier
    You cant go wrong with any of those. The stock bumper can take a beating. You can add the light canisters to the RPM bumper. We all know lights make your truck go faster.

I've run all three, Imo the stock or rpm are the way to go.
    The pro line is a nice unit, nothing wrong with it but it wont take as much as the other two.
    Considering its more race orientated it shouldn't be expected to.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

Imo RPM is the best... Why? well because you can put lights in it... who doesn't like that??
    I'm not cheating! I'm just using my resources!

Quote Originally Posted by HelloMyNameIs_____ View Post
    Imo RPM is the best... Why? well because you can put lights in it... who doesn't like that??
    I'm not cheating! I'm just using my resources!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloMyNameIs_____ View Post

Just 1 mph more!

RC poster

RC poster
    I own all three and I think it depends on your driving style and environment. I use my RPM with 5mm LED's for night running. It flexes a lot more than others due to no top brace. I use the Pro-2 for hard bashing (packed dirt, tall jumps, etc.) and day runs. It doesn't have too much up/down jiggle, but side to side is a bit much. They both are great bumpers, but if you are a day time basher, Pro-line, if you are a little more experienced and you want something all around, RPM. The Pro-Line comes with a bulkhead and hardware for 10.00. That's a steal in this hobby Keep running and good luck!