RC Qualifier

clutch bell & spur gear tooth ???

im upgrading my clutch, clutch bell and spur gear,i called traxxas to ask what gear ratios would be good, and the guy had an attitude, i dont think they like when you tell them your ordering other company parts, does a ratio of stock 20 clutch bell and 40 steel spur gear sound good? also, he told me if i was purchasing a steel spur gear i needed a steel clutch bell, well duh, it comes stock with a steel clutch bell, i was under the assumption for some odd reason, that the clutch bell was 15 teeth stock, he told me 20, i didnt count them yet. please let me know your opinions, i just want to make it go faster
    drive it like you stole it!!!

It's in your manual for the gear ratios. And it is all over this board too. That being said, do you want to accelerate faster or have faster top speed? He may have been thinking of the T-Maxx since it is 20 teeth. Just a few sentences in you said "stock 20 clutch bell" and then you said "15 teeth stock" so I think you are confused. I have also heard that if you get a steel spur (not a good idea and search as to why) you need a hardened clutch bell.

RC Qualifier
    i havent seen it, and i am aware that i need a hardened clutch bell, im considering a robinson racing 22 t hardened clutch bell, and i have already purchased an integy steel 40 t spur gear, will this help me take off faster and reach top speed faster?
    drive it like you stole it!!!

RC Champion
    ok a good upgrade is the robinson racing clutch bell but the spur gear not so good idea u know if u land a jump a funny way or somin happens and ur stock or other plastic spur gear strips. well thats ok cuz with a steel spur...if u don't strip it wich is a good chance btw,,, ull just mess up gears in your tranny so think replacing a cheap spur gear 10 min work ...... or replacing stripped tranny gears almost 1 hr of work if not more not to mention price/replacement difference ❐
    RC RUNS IN MY BLOOD!

R
    E
    V
    O

Quote Originally Posted by hotrevo3.3
    im considering a robinson racing 22 t hardened clutch bell, and i have already purchased an integy steel 40 t spur gear, will this help me take off faster and reach top speed faster?
    You will be slower off the line but have higher top speed with that ratio.

A 22T clutch bell is a tall gear for a 3.3
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

The 3.3 will not pull a 22t clutchbell...my modded 3.3 has a tough time pulling a 17t. IMO get a 15 (stock) and 16t clutchbell and then a 40t, 38t(stock), and a 36t spur and you will have more than enough gearing options to play with. Think about it...you are asking one company about another's product...what did you expect...???
    Vantage/MMM/1515 Revo
    MMM/1518 Revo
    T-Maxx 3.3