RC Racer

Mini Erevo Servo out?

So I went to run it, and with the pack charged, the ESC was flashing a very faint red LED...Actually it powers up normal, but when the controller is turned on it goes into the fault mode.
    Called Traxxas @7pm CST. Got a live person who diagnosed a bad servo.
    It will be in the mail "first thing in the morning".
    Holy Cow, and I am not even the original purchaser, I thought for sure I was out of luck!!
    Customer service rocks over there!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tony

RC Qualifier
    Glad to hear it turned out good,I think mines about to go
    ERBE

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanotherguy
    So I went to run it, and with the pack charged, the ESC was flashing a very faint red LED...Actually it powers up normal, but when the controller is turned on it goes into the fault mode.
    Holy Cow, and I am not even the original purchaser, I thought for sure I was out of luck!!
    Tony
    Thats very odd. Usually if the ESC powers up fine but won't power up with the TQ on, that means your throttle trim is not on (0). A bad servo has nothing to do with the ESC or the lights on it..

Try re-adjusting your TQ throttle trim to 0 before you power it up. Plug in a fresh pack, reprogram the ESC and see if that might work.
    Keep flex'in those forum keyboard muscles.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by got_nitro
    Thats very odd. Usually if the ESC powers up fine but won't power up with the TQ on, that means your throttle trim is not on (0). A bad servo has nothing to do with the ESC or the lights on it..

Try re-adjusting your TQ throttle trim to 0 before you power it up. Plug in a fresh pack, reprogram the ESC and see if that might work.
    The diagnosis is accurate. It has happened to me and several others here. The servo is shorted and it's causing an error on the esc. The easiest way to confirm is unplug the servo and the esc and motor will work again.

fc

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanotherguy
    Tony
    Yeah that's great luck... I bought two brand new, servo in both died same day, I was told BUY NEW SERVOS!!!
    Ur wife called. She said buy anything U want!