RC Racer

Desert Night Drifting w/ pics and vids

I created a light kit last night from some of my old flashlights and a helicopter light kit I had. Each of the white LEDs and the center red LED is 3watts, the other two red ones are the regular superbrights.

This is the first configuration that I had. I call it Wall-E config after disney's robot.

This is the ideal configuration since the main headlights are leveled.

Now for some vids. Please rate and comment.
    Desert Fun
    Night Runs

These vids are taken with a camera, I'll update later with vids from a camcorder.
    Last edited by AzNsinister; 07-21-2009 at 05:05 PM. Reason: add vids

RC Racer
    awesome. great job. any pix of the truck w/ the lights installed, body on, and in the daylight? so we can see how it looks the rest of the time.

RC Qualifier
    victoria BC bashing with my bud 1slash and racing with COR victoria
    ya good job
    1/16 revo
    slash 4x4
    some more but they wont fit

RC Qualifier
    This is going to be the first thing that gets done to my Revo when I get it is a good light kit. That looks killer man, great job.
    E-Maxx 3905 and 3906. :D

RC Champion
    nice man ive seen ppl do it to thiers but urs byfar the best 5 STAŽS
    RC RUNS IN MY BLOOD!

R
    E
    V
    O

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by AzNsinister
    I created a light kit last night from some of my old flashlights and a helicopter light kit I had. Each of the white LEDs and the center red LED is 3watts, the other two red ones are the regular superbrights.

These vids are taken with a camera, I'll update later with vids from a camcorder.

Awesome lights!!! Just be careful with rocks 'cause they may brake the lights!

RC Qualifier
    Somewhere in the garage I have a full lighting kit from one of my drifters I used to have. Going to try an dig it up tomorrow. It has all. Head lights, tail lights, brake lights and even indicators. lol You can switch the head lights off and on using the third channell too. I hope I can find it.
    BASH. BREAK. FIX. REPEAT. ALWAYS REPEAT.

RC Qualifier
    nice stuff.. I was thinking last night my revo needs some exterior illumination.

RC Champion
    I am using the Trinity light kit for the Mini T , its just the right length and the LED's are really bright ! Very easy too install , you just dont have the back up lights .
    http://thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_deta...cat_name=RC18T
    At WARN 80% and climbing !

RC Racer
    im not sure what your setup is, or if you care ... but a PicoSwitch ( $20 ) and a TQ3/4 would allow you to turn on/off the lights for your truck. Alternately, you could build a simple "Dark-Detector" circuit that would turn on and off your lights based on the luminosity in the area you're running.

RC Champion
    that looks sic lol
    if you want me to i can break your truck for free!

RC Racer
    I don't know why the edit option is gone so I could add pics to my first post, but anyways here are updates. The the LED harness is made of plastic but I will soon upgrade to aluminum with carbon fiber to help the LEDs dissipate heat and strengthen it. I also got rid of the center front LED.
    @RokeyLounge, I want to keep the light system separate from the receiver. There's no point of having the system attached if it's not being used.

The Tx is 25ft. away.

RC Qualifier
    looks great. i think i going to give it a try!
    GARAGE
    e-revo, ME-revo, micro-t, slash, DX3S

RC Champion
    Now that's a set of headlights! I like how bright they are you can actually use them

RC Racer
    well, it certainly looks like the system is working great for you... but for me, if i was going to have something sticking that far out of my truck, it better be flame-throwers (i only say these things because, i still flip enough that those would be broke, and flame-throwers would be awesome! )
    http://tinyurl.com/RokeyLounges-MERV

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider
    Now that's a set of headlights! I like how bright they are you can actually use them
    I'm a purest so I only put things on my revo if it has some type of functionality not just for looks.

Quote Originally Posted by RokeyLounge
    well, it certainly looks like the system is working great for you... but for me, if i was going to have something sticking that far out of my truck, it better be flame-throwers (i only say these things because, i still flip enough that those would be broke, and flame-throwers would be awesome! )
    This is only a mock up. The heat from the LEDs melted the hot glue and it dropped off before I even had a chance to flip and knock 'em off. I will make a harness out of aluminum layered with carbon fiber and thermal expoxy glue the LEDs. If those break they better take the stock mount with them as well.

RC Qualifier
    what are you running them off? (battery) also can you give some links of where i could get some of these?

thanks
    GARAGE
    e-revo, ME-revo, micro-t, slash, DX3S