RC poster

Lipo battery connectors

Hi. I'm getting ready to order a Revo VXL along with a couple of lipos. Think I'm getting *****'s. This one - http://www.*********.com/*********/s...00mAh_2S1P_20C

OK for $12?

So, which Lipo connectors do I need? The parts lists shows a few different Traxxas conectors. There's part number 3080 (female), part number 3070 (male), part number 3060 (male/female). I'm assuming that I remove the one that they come with and solder on a new one?

Thanks.
    Last edited by DirtDiver; 07-17-2009 at 08:08 AM.

RC Champion
    Here is what ya need since your ordering from *********

http://www.*********.com/*********/s...idProduct=7875

Moon
    RCDIRECTONLINE to Support our Troops!

RC Qualifier
    Its part #TRA3080 Female or pick up the Hobby City clones they come in male and female packs. Battery packs will always have a female connectors so their are no exposed contacts. Yes just cut of Deans and solder on Traxxas. I have the same batteries their great best $12 I deal out there. Here's my ***** with female Traxxas connector

Last edited by radicalray; 07-17-2009 at 10:33 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by radicalray
    Its part #TRA3080 Female or pick up the Hobby City clones they come in male and female packs. Battery packs will always have a female connectors so their are no exposed contacts. Yes just cut of Deans and solder on Traxxas. I have the same batteries their great best $12 I deal out there. Here's my ***** with female Traxxas connector

it's much easier to desolder and resolder than to cut the wires, then you dont have to re-tin the wire.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ThacoVXL
    it's much easier to desolder and resolder than to cut the wires, then you dont have to re-tin the wire.
    this may be a dumb question bout how do you desolder a wire?
    keep your mouth closed and let your eyes listen

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by H towns finest
    this may be a dumb question bout how do you desolder a wire?
    just heat it til the solder melts and remove it from the connector.

RC poster
    Thanks everyone. That helps. The battery that I reference in my first post - is that OK to use. Don't want to get a battery debate going here, there are plenty of threads. I'm liking the $12 price. If it's a decent battery, I'll try a couple out.

Thanks.

RC Competitor
    I use the ***** 1800's and they are great, especially for the price. The cheap little ******* chargers work great too.
    ERBE - Savage SS -XXX-4
    1/16 Revo - Jato 3.3

RC Qualifier
    I have 6 of the ***** 2200mah lipos, love em, cant beat the price either, oh and when you order go EMS shipping and you will get em in 7 days or less. I ordered mine july 2nd and they were delivered on july 7th. ( its worth the extra $10. oh and mine came with deans plugs aleady on them . I dont know if thats normal or not. just thought i would through that out there too

RC Racer
    Mine came with deans also. I just put a deans end on the ESC. I have adapters made up but it puts alot of bulky connections all around the rear arms and shocks. The deans give you much cleaner wiring. Can't imagine what it would be like with adapters and a parallel harness!
    Run it like you borrowed it!

RC Champion
    Remember ONE WIRE AT A TIME. NEVER have both positive and negative wires exposed at the same time .... because if they touch your battery is toast!